Create long path in windows 10?

It seem that the max 260 characters for path in windows 10 1607 and above has been lifted, the question is does xojo API already supports it? or i should be using direct winapi call?.

Can anyone give an example codes or projects in xojo for doing these?, i wanted to mimic something like this command line tool. Example tool usage :

longpath.exe "c:\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\\file.txt"

References :

For Windows API calls you can simply prefix long paths with “\\?” and then they will just work with paths longer than 260 characters.

@Christian Schmitz
Thanks, does your plugin already support it?, if it’s still need using the windows API, can you give example code or project?

First I don’t worry about this as there are not many customers asking for this.
You may also be able to create folder item with such a path or pass it to plugins functions.