Notarization deadline approaching

Not long now till Notarization for downloaded apps outside of the Mac App Store becomes a requirement.

If you distribute your software outside of the Mac App Store and it is not already Notarized (or Sandboxed), I urge you to please put some attention on testing your application. You can do this without Notarizing, by simply Wrapping your application with “Harden Runtime” checked. It applies additional restrictions to your application, which will then need Entitlements to add back functionality.

There are some grey areas which people have contacted me about and I’m trying to work through these.

If you have any questions then please me know and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Thank you for your excellent AppWrapper software.

The question I have is the following: I create a different macOS version of my app for each language to which it has been translated (don’t know if now you can create just one SKU for all languages). That creates 9 versions of the same app. Do I have to notarize each one of them? Thanks

[quote=477772:@Tomas Sancio]Thank you for your excellent AppWrapper software.

The question I have is the following: I create a different macOS version of my app for each language to which it has been translated (don’t know if now you can create just one SKU for all languages). That creates 9 versions of the same app. Do I have to notarize each one of them? Thanks[/quote]
Yes, you would have to notarize all of them.

The question I have is why you are building different versions. We have 20 languages in our application (macOS & MS-Windows) and have only ever released a single multi-lingual version for each platform.