Welcome to the Xojo community, we're happy you're here! We want everyone to get the most out of Xojo and the Xojo community, please read and follow these guidelines to participate in our support forum.
- Ask yourself if your reply adds to the discussion. If it doesn't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Make sure your replies provide constructive feedback and support to allow for an inclusive community.
- Help keep things organized and keep conversations in the right channel. If you have a database question, then ask in the Databases channel. By doing this, you'll be more likely to have your question answered by an expert in that area.
- The Off-Topic channel follows the same rules as any other, except the topics might not be related to Xojo. It is not a place for any discussion that violates any of the other items here.
- To keep things productive, please avoid derailing a discussion altogether. In addition, members that want to promote their products on threads created by competing developers are encouraged to open their own thread rather than creating disharmony by hijacking someone else topic.
- Code should be provided in your reply directly, rather than links to code on other websites or blogs, in order to maintain the posts’ viability for a longer period.
We're all here to talk about Xojo, to get help and help others. Criticizing ideas (by means of reasoned arguments) is an important part of that. But let's not get carried away and start personal attacks against each other or Xojo, because negativity only gets in the way.
We also ask that you avoid the following:
- Offensive or abusive language and hate speech
- Posts or private messages intended to harass, impersonate, or defame others
- Unnecessary deletion of posted content
- Attempts to abuse or expose the private information of others
- Obscene or sexually explicit content
- Spam, phishing posts, and any actions intended to deface this site
- Discussion of software piracy and similar topics
- Do not post code that you do not have permission to post from the author, or is not licensed appropriately for public dissemination (such as MIT, GPL, LGPL).
- Do not SPAM or mass-advertise to forum members via private messages or any other means
- Advertising or promoting other companies or their products which may compete with those of Xojo, Inc.
- Don’t post links to competitive products, they may be removed at moderators’s discretion
- Discussion of or links to blogs or websites that share privileged or internal Xojo company information (financials, personnel, etc.) is not permitted
Conversations and comments can be edited, deleted or locked at the discretion of the moderators and administrators in the forum. All of the above are grounds for moderator action. If you have an issue with another member, please let a moderator know and then leave it up to them to deal with the situation. Serious or repeated offenses may lead to suspension of the offending member's account. So, you know, be cool.
We don’t like having to moderate, but sometimes violations do happen. In those rare cases, they will be dealt with as follows:
- Removal of comment - Any comment that violates the rules will be removed.
- Locked Thread - A thread that continuously goes off topic or violates any guidelines can be locked.
- Warning - A member who repeatedly violates the moderation rules will receive a warning. Three warnings results in permanent suspension.
- Permanent Suspension - A member who receives 3 warnings will then be permanently suspended.
- Automatic Suspension - A member who posts or links to inappropriate, SPAM, offensive or illegal material will be immediately suspended from the forum and the post will be deleted.
The use of signature block is not allowed in this forum. You can enter such information in the About section of your profile.
The Verification status indicates that Xojo, Inc. has verified your identity via a credit card purchase. Lots of great posters on this forum are not verified, it’s not a big deal if you are not. If you have questions about this status please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selling Old Licenses
If you are selling an old Xojo or third party license, please check with Customer Service at email@example.com for guidelines. Xojo licenses may not be advertised for sale on our forum.