iOS Distribution to app store - Tutorials are 4 years out of date

Hi I have an app that is already in app store. We changed our website so I have to update the app so it works with new website.

When I build the app for the app store I get the error:

Can’t find provisioning profile

I have been trying to follow the “Deploying iOS Apps to The App Store” and the docs Submitting to the iOS App Store — Xojo documentation but the docs are 4 years old and make it hard to follow.

Following the youtube video helped me before, but now I am totally stuck on how to resolve this.

Can anybody point me to any update tutorials?

I noticed that I don’t have anything in Team, could that have something to do with it. I don’t need to build it for testing on a iPhone, just for the app store.

@Paul Lefebvre

Do you possible have a solution to my problem.

I figured out the Missing Profile, now I get:

A development profile is required when building an iOS application.

How do I get that?

App Store Connect. Create a distribution profile for the App Store (NOT a development profile). Don’t use a wildcard profile ("*"), use the full bundle ID, i.e. something like “com.example.myapp”.

Poking around the Apple developer site, I finally got it to work.

@Paul Lefebvre I Still thing the tutorials and video need to be updated. A Lot has changed in 4 years.

The Submitting to iOS App Store page was last updated in October 2019 and had a full update in late 2018. I don’t believe it is out-of-date, but if you have something specific you feel is missing please create a Feedback case for it so that we can look into it.

I also did session at XDC 2018 that covered publishing to the App Store (Anatomy of an iOS App) that might have some useful info.

Hi there,
I’m trying desperately to get an Team to select. I do have a profile on Developer.apple.com. I do have Xcode and going to the Xcode Accounts there is certificates there (both for my company and for me (my AppleID). Still no options within Xojo IDE to select team??

Running on 2019 R3 and Latest Catalina BETA release
What to do?

Bobby…

Did you download the Provisioning files… check: ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles… and restart Xojo.

Is the Provisioning file created from a valid iOS Development Certificate?

Is the Provisioning file App ID set to the Xojo project’s Bundle Identifier?

Are you using a wild-card App ID? If so, try a specific one.

[quote=468871:@Jim Meyer]obby…

Did you download the Provisioning files… check: ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles… and restart Xojo.

Is the Provisioning file created from a valid iOS Development Certificate?

Is the Provisioning file App ID set to the Xojo project’s Bundle Identifier?

Are you using a wild-card App ID? If so, try a specific one.[/quote]
Now I gto so far. I’ve tried to create a number of different profiles, but I really don’t know with one it should be. I got “Distribution Profile”, but now it complains about “Does not support Wifi Info…?”. Is there an updated Xojo Manual on what to for options, in order for this to function?

In Xcode>Preferences>Accounts you should see 2 teams. The one labeled “(Personal Team)” is not the one you want.

Thanks Art. I found that one, and tried to create a number of different profiles on the App Developer Site, and one of the combinations worked :-).

Got the first build to Testflight… yah yah (now we only lack reply from Xojo to fix a JSON Memory Problem :slight_smile: