Execute a Window.DragOver code only if dragged over file type is in my supported list.

I have a bunch of defined FileTypes which are declared .AcceptFileDrop in the Window.Open handler.
In Windows if I write a code under Window.Enter it will “Fire up” regardless of the declared .AcceptFileDrops and the code under Window.DragOver will never execute if the dragged over file type is not in the list of ‘accepted file drops’.
However macOS will execute the code under both handlers fully ignoring the .AcceptFileDrops
So my dilemma is how do I ensure a specific code will execute (on macOS) Only if the dragged over file type matches one of my supported file types.
Please note that the file has only dragged over not dropped!

You only need to check the file extension:

[code]DragState = 0
me.Invalidate

if obj.FolderItem = nil then Return
dim theDrag as FolderItem = obj.FolderItem
if not theDrag.Exists then Return

if FileTypes.TrialLicense.Extensions = theDrag.NameExtensionMBS then
'is trial
ElseIf app.kMaxVersion = Globals.Version.Server and FileTypes.ProLicense.Extensions <> theDrag.NameExtensionMBS _
and theDrag.NameExtensionMBS <> FileTypes.ProTrialLicense.Extensions then
Globals.theErrorLog.DialogErrorProceed(kErrorLicenseInvalid)
Return
ElseIf app.kMaxVersion = Globals.Version.normal and FileTypes.License.Extensions = theDrag.NameExtensionMBS then
'nothing to do
Elseif app.kMaxVersion = Globals.Version.normal and FileTypes.License5.Extensions <> theDrag.NameExtensionMBS then
Globals.theErrorLog.DialogErrorProceed(kErrorLicenseInvalid)
Return
end if[/code]

Oh thanks @Beatrix Willius I see you’re using third party plugin to do that. This is very cool but I find it a bit odd that this is the only viable option for something so trivial.
Anyway, what exactly do I need to buy to execute your example ?

Her example is just one way to do it… anything can be accomplished without purchasing 3rd party plugins

the key is

Not everything can be done without plugins. Here I was just lazy.

on this we can agree to disagree… If someone can figure out how to do something with a plugin, then that same problem can be solved other ways as well… perhaps not as cheaply or quickly, but solved none the less.

[quote=467387:@Dave S]
You only need to check the file extension[/quote]
You are so right Dave I’m embarrassed to even ask that, I just realized I’ve made a mistake which led me to think obj.FolderItem not existing when I only hover over (under macOS).
So foolish of me, many thanks for the slap on the cheek Haha;)

All the best,
Sagi