It's all black and white in 2019R3

Opening an older project in 2019R3, which has Dark Mode support, all text and object colors reset to black, at least for me. It seems that since there is no “switch” to turn on Dark Mode in an iOS project, it’s on automatically and you’ll have to deal with Color Groups and such. So a heads up to those with colorful UIs. Make a note of what colors you’re using.

Sounds like something deserving a feedback case. Have you reported it?

I’ve not seen the “all text and object colors reset” thing, but as far as opting into dark mode, Apple requires that apps built with the IOS 13 SDK support dark mode… and since we had to update the SDK to support dark mode, there’s no reason for a switch.

You can opt out of DarkMode on iOS: Set UIUserInterfaceStyle to “Light”.

Right - there should be a PopupMenu: “Automatic | Light | Dark”, which then appropriately populates the Info.plist.

[quote=467344:@Jürg Otter]You can opt out of DarkMode on iOS: Set UIUserInterfaceStyle to “Light”.

Right - there should be a PopupMenu: “Automatic | Light | Dark”, which then appropriately populates the Info.plist.[/quote]
I see that they changed their mind again, but when we were designing the spec dark mode for iOS this requirement did exist. Anyway, if you’d like to see this option, please file a feature request. However, it would just be a switch to let you opt out. In multiple places, Apple’s docs state:

If it’s like the desktop, I wouldn’t be surprised if this requirement comes back this spring.

Is the link to UIUserInterfaceStyle only valid for a tvOS app or all iOS apps?

UIUserInterfaceStyle (String - tvOS) Optionally specifies whether the user interface for a tvOS app respects the systemwide, user-configured light or dark appearance, or ignores the user setting and always employs one appearance or the other. If you do not specify a value for this key, your app employs the UIUserInterfaceStyleLight trait, resulting in the light appearance.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/supporting_dark_mode_in_your_interface/choosing_a_specific_interface_style_for_your_ios_app?language=objc

[quote]Opt Out of Dark Mode Entirely
The system automatically opts in any app linked against the iOS 13.0 or later SDK to both light and dark appearances. If you need extra time to work on your app’s Dark Mode support, you can temporarily opt out by including the UIUserInterfaceStyle key (with a value of Light) in your app’s Info.plist file. Setting this key to Light causes the system to ignore the user’s preference and always apply a light appearance to your app.

Important
Supporting Dark Mode is strongly encouraged. Use the UIUserInterfaceStyle key to opt out only temporarily while you work on improvements to your app’s Dark Mode support.[/quote]