Broken Project Examples in 2019r2.1

I just noticed that a lot of the project examples are broken when trying to open them in 2019r2.1
They simply have tons of Illegal event handlers and other stuff that changed recently but wasn’t adjusted accordingly.
It took me a while but I managed to sort things out so I can run the sample projects I was trying to test.
But it requires dev. team attention so the next release won’t re-include those issues.
Best,
Sagi

This is the first we are hearing of this. What examples are not loading for you?

these two have issues

Example Projects > Advanced > AddHandler
analyze - timer does not have an event named run

Example Projects > Advanced > AsyncShellExample
analyze - AsyncShell on MainWindow implements the event “ResultReturned,” but its superclass Shell has already implemented the event.

Almost all are not working due to the r2 events not being reverted…

And if you open one, try it, like it - and want to save it. Then the IDE asks: “Are you sure you want to change the saved project’s minimum IDE version?”
I know - different issue. But that also doesn’t help to make a good first impression with the included example projects.

Precisely!
To name just a few:
Desktop>Dialog Boxes>DialogsExamples
Desktop>DragAndDrop>ListBoxDragAndDrop
Communication>IPCSocket
Plus I Get the attached message (sometimes five time in a row)

Desktop > CustomControls > CalendarWindow

And others will run, but have “funny” event names:
Desktop > CustomControls > LinkLabel

Why would one want to add an own event definition “Opening”… and have Event “Open” raise “Opening”?
Is this really a good example…? One has to think so, since Xojo provides it :wink:

[quote=466695:@Sagi Gal]Precisely!
To name just a few:
Desktop>Dialog Boxes>DialogsExamples
Desktop>DragAndDrop>ListBoxDragAndDrop
Communication>IPCSocket
Plus I Get the attached message (sometimes five time in a row)
[/quote]

That is expected. usually you cannot have writing privileges in the installation folder.

If i press ok then i need to do it 4 times before the project opens…

Sorry if i wasn’t clear enough, the issue is not the message but the fact that I need to dismiss it four, five, six times in a row.
Anyway, this is obviously the minor issue here;)

Since the examples are in the read-only Program Files folder, the automatic event conversion is failing.

As a workaround, copy the Examples folder to Documents or somewhere else where you have read/write permissions.

We’ll get this addressed for r3.

Well I noticed just today when I was looking for the Web part that most of them are broken in R3 as well so I hope that the next release will have all the projects functional at least .

R3 works fine here, perhaps make sure you have administrative permissions for your current user…

When I meant broken was with errors on them and not updated to the latest IDE , R3

@Aurelian Negrea No errors here, can you name one that gives you errors?

I’ll check with my colleague in the morning , so far he found few, I remember one was Web → Controls → LargeData.xojo_binary_project , that I still remember mentioning , the rest I guess I could put him to make a full list and post it here .

True, you are correct Web -> Controls -> LargeData has one error:

[quote]MainPage.ProgressTimer.Name Layout (property name)
Type mismatch error. Expected Integer, but got TextLiteral Name[/quote]