Strange 0w x 0h modal window appearing in my app ...

I have a situation that I’ve never seen in over 5 years of using RB/RS/Xojo - a Window is appearing when my app is run that is 0h x 0w and is MODAL, blocking access to the app at a certain point. Here’s the screenshot of the properties when I finally found it - it’s simply listed in the Windows list for the app as “Window”:

My suspicion is that in testing in 19r2.1 and then editing in 19r1.1, an oddity has been injected into the project code. Has anyone ever run into something like this? Same issue when testing in 18r3, 19r1.1, and 19r2.1.

Did you edit this project with the early 2019r2 betas?

I may have as a back and forth test, but I generally didn’t do that. Since the project is VCP, is there something that I should look for?

Not really. If you’ve saved in 2019r2.1 since then, the changes would be largely cleaned up. I just remember that there were a few early betas that corrupted data in this way.

Do I need to “Save As” to a new project (losing my API 1 code), or does this get sorted just by saving over the existing r1.1 project? I have my CVS and backups, but I’ve already spent too much time and effort chasing this to experiment.

Moving back to a version of my code that was never touched by 19r2/2.1 has removed the errant ghost window and resolved the issue. It’s cost me many hours of frustration and will now cost me many hours of catching the restored version up to the other changes in the current code. I tried a diff to see if I could find the problem, but the amount of unrelated changes that were also caused by that possible 19r2 BETA save makes that worse than manually getting things up to date.

If you are a Xojo user and you’re NOT using some form of version control and/or regular backups, please look into it for your sanity’s sake.

Just one more example of why I’m seriously frustrated and anxious every time I start the recent Xojo IDEs :S :frowning: