Doublie-clicking a search result in Feedback does nothing…

Hello,

I was initially trying to set up a declare, but I can’t seem to make it working. This is the declare:
Declare Sub replaceRange Lib “UIKit” Selector “replaceRange:withText:” (TextRange as Ptr,ReplaceWith as CFStringRef)
Xojo would complain with this error message:
Linking Executable
ld: framework not found UIKit
(I tried with “Cocoa” instead of “UIKit”. The app launches but the call isn’t found and the app crashes).

So I searched in this forum (and the “whole” Internet) and found nothing (looks weird I’m the only one stumbling on this…). Then I went to Feedback and found a closed report about the same error: <https://xojo.com/issue/50564>
However, I can’t double click on it (well, I can, but nothing happens). I’m not even getting an error. This is a “recent” report of 2017, so it’s not a problem of outdated format.
What can mark a report as non-openable and why don’t I get any explanation from Feedback?

I was able to open the case okay. That particular case is marked: “Visible only by (original author), prerelease testers, and Xojo”.

It looks like you’re a “Pre-Release Testers” according to your signature, but maybe you still have to ask hello@xojo.com to be part of the “beta” program? I remember I had to, even though I had a Pro license.

Also, maybe check your version of Feedback. The following is what is in the about box of the most recent download version.

I hope that helps.

Edited: to add hello@xojo.com

Here’s the answer from the ticket, I hope it helps you sort out your issue:

[code]Fixed,

Added a Constant Called UIKitLib and set the value as “UIKit.framework” and changed the code. To

Declare Function imageWithRenderingMode Lib UIKitLib selector “imageWithRenderingMode:” (id As ptr, RenderingMode As Integer) As ptr
and working now.

Thank you.[/code]

PS. If you have the case open already in your list of open cases, clicking on the link wont show you the entry, you’ll need to close it in your list then click the link again. File>Close All can help with this.

If you type in 50564 into the search and hit enter or the search button does it open the ticket then?

D’oh!
Why didn’t I think of that, sorry :-

[quote=465520:@Scott Cadillac]I was able to open the case okay. That particular case is marked: “Visible only by (original author), prerelease testers, and Xojo”.

It looks like you’re a “Pre-Release Testers” according to your signature, but maybe you still have to ask hello@xojo.com to be part of the “beta” program? I remember I had to, even though I had a Pro license.[/quote]
That’s weird. I used to be able to view those cases and I’ve renewed my licence… If asking is the only way to go, I may do it (even clicking the link doesn’t work on my side). A message dialog telling why nothing happens would be great anyway.

[quote=465520:@Scott Cadillac]Also, maybe check your version of Feedback. The following is what is in the about box of the most recent download version.

I hope that helps.

Edited: to add hello@xojo.com[/quote]
Thank you. I have the exact same version as yours.

[quote=465521:@]Here’s the answer from the ticket, I hope it helps you sort out your issue:

[code]Fixed,

Added a Constant Called UIKitLib and set the value as “UIKit.framework” and changed the code. To

Declare Function imageWithRenderingMode Lib UIKitLib selector “imageWithRenderingMode:” (id As ptr, RenderingMode As Integer) As ptr
and working now.

Thank you.[/code][/quote]
Thanks for providing the answer of the case. Unfortunately, I get the same error with this trick.
Is UIKit an iOS library? I need the replaceRange function for MacOS but the only library told by the Apple’s documentation refers to UIKit. What else than “Cocoa” might I try?

[quote=465522:@]PS. If you have the case open already in your list of open cases, clicking on the link wont show you the entry, you’ll need to close it in your list then click the link again. File>Close All can help with this.

If you type in 50564 into the search and hit enter or the search button does it open the ticket then?[/quote]
Thanks. The case isn’t in my list.
As for searching for 50564, this just performs the regular search: I get the list of matching cases (in this “case”, it’s the case alone) and I still can’t double click it. That’s odd, as I remember your technique used to work, even on my side.

[quote=465523:@Scott Cadillac]D’oh!
Why didn’t I think of that, sorry :-[][/quote]
No problem :wink: