Is API2 finished?

I would suggest it is not, since for example Xojo.Core.MemoryBlock, and Xojo.Core.TextEncoding have a number of useful methods that I would like to see available for MemoryBlock and TextEncoding. Is it planned to do this? Without them, I’ll have to keep using a bastard mixture of classic APIs and the new-but-now-deprecated APIs.

Meanwhile here’s a puzzle: I have str as String, which has Nil encoding. I have tenc as Xojo.Core.TxtEncoding, and I’d like to end up with txt as Text, with the encoding of tenc and the content of str. But, since the person who told me that tenc is the right encoding is a known liar, my final step is going to have to be something like:

txt = tenc.ConvertDataToText (mb, true)

where evidently mb is a Xojo.Core.MemoryBlock. I’d also like to reduce the number of times the data is copied back and forth, to a minimum.

How best do I get from str to txt given these inputs and constraints?

Edit: Quaint! I see the site has a modesty filter which replaced my original word with !@#$%

I’m sorry that we evidently can’t answer your question, but just as in a galaxy far, far away, where Versions 4 comes out before Versions 1, 2 and 3, I see R2.1 as a small, but feisty “R2 detour” with all the unitelligible beeps, whirs and squeeks. If you find this annoying, just wait until you “see API 3.0” and its shiny over six million languages changes and improvements.