Transitioning to Xojo 2019r2

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 months ago

Markus R

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe / Germany / Lower Saxon...
    Edited 5 months ago

@Gavin S I need iCloud integration and in-app purchase

that did never work in code once and apple would change it daily same as google.
    but i like to have some kind of functions modules.
    cloud yes but a neutral system that you can also self hosting.

3. Gavin S

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro, Forum Moderators, MVP UK
    Edited 5 months ago

@Dave S Seriously... if you want to mention features that are "important" (my opinion) that Xojo just seems to be ignoring that they are even required? Xojo should include a native way to Sign/Harden/Notorize (whatever) your app...

Absolutely. Of course. And it could be done, it's not rocket science. The two examples I chose just popped into my head. I could fill a thread with things that I expect a modern RAD environment to offer me. But the years keep ticking by...

Should these modern/expected features be at the expense of modernization of the IDE and language? No. So it seems self-evident to me that, despite the defensiveness, Xojo Inc is simply wildly understaffed.

4. Ivan T

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers

@Gavin S Xojo seems to be struggling to modernise and we're paying for the underlying modernisation of the product (which is vitally important) rather than stuff I can use in my apps. I need iCloud integration and in-app purchase stuff and a whole host of other stuff that users simply expect in 2019. Actual stuff I can put into my projects. That's why I got into Xojo in the first place. A RAD environment. Can we get back to that stuff soon? I have money waiting for you guys when you start adding big end-user features again.

As many said in other threads, vote with your money. Since Web hasnt really gone anywere and the limite ios is not an option, I droped PRO last year.

@Norman P And now we're being told, yet again, "there will be an answer we're working on it"

I remain VERY VERY cautiously optimistic

This problem is one of Xojo's own making and literally didnt have to exist or require yet more engineering effort to "fix"
    I suspect I am not alone

@Gavin S Xojo seems to be struggling to modernise and we're paying for the underlying modernisation of the product (which is vitally important) rather than stuff I can use in my apps. I need iCloud integration and in-app purchase stuff and a whole host of other stuff that users simply expect in 2019. Actual stuff I can put into my projects. That's why I got into Xojo in the first place. A RAD environment. Can we get back to that stuff soon? I have money waiting for you guys when you start adding big end-user features again.

So, this year I think Im going to skip even the Desktop one until I see that promised "fix" for api 2, web 2, or a substancial adition to the "RAD environment" / framework.

5. Alexis C

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Puerto Rico, USA

My subscription is pro and i keep this way to help grow XOJO but is one more year, if i do't see fix for web and desktop then left XOJO and go with any other IDE or compiler.

But i have hope the XOJO going to Fix All in last the two year

6. Norman P

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro outside enjoying the fresh air

hope springs eternal

7. Alexis C

Nov 1 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Puerto Rico, USA

Norman that Sound no to good for some customer like me

or Sign Up to reply!