API 2.0 - how do i ?

As a third party vendor I have people who use a control subclass I created
Some want it using API 2.0
And others that want the “old api”

How do I do that in a single code base now ?
Or am I going to have to maintain 2 separate code bases - one for the old api and one for API 2 ?

NOTE : my original post wasnt related to the pre-release but one comment was so the entire thread got moved

@Geoff Perlman ? @Travis Hill ? @Greg O’Lone ? @Paul Lefebvre ? @William Yu ?
no one can tell me how to do this ?

By their silence, those Xojo inc. engineers don’t know how to do it either.

When I read those threads about API 2, they were warned so many times in the early beta cycle. Despite the warnings and in their arrogance they ignored those warnings still bumping their heads against the wall.

Please, Xojo team read the following carefully and RETHINK the whole situation :

The Xojo team take the decisions, Xojo is their flagship product, however, your users are paying your salary and income. When especially those skilled users abandon Xojo, others will follow and Xojo will be past tense. I can assure Xojo inc, the very negative comments , which any serious entrepreneur want to avoid at all costs, since release r2 are very bad public relations and will undoubtedly harm Xojo. How many people already gave up during the past weeks on Xojo?

Just restore the old events (Open instead of Opening, etc.) or make sure the “Open” event will be executed together with the “Opening” event for example.

Listen to your userbase or the future of Xojo looks very dark in my humble opinion.

1 Like