Web app language doesn't adapt to Browser user language anymore

Hi,

I built my application with the new R2 version. It uses Localized Strings to be available in French and English.

It used to work fine but now it is only shown in French, whatever language is chosen in the browser.

My server is configured in French.

App is built with English as default language. Session.LanguageCode seems correct (en)

Anything has changed?

[quote=460254:@Roger St-Arneault]Hi,

I built my application with the new R2 version. It uses Localized Strings to be available in French and English.

It used to work fine but now it is only shown in French, whatever language is chosen in the browser.

My server is configured in French.

App is built with English as default language. Session.LanguageCode seems correct (en)

Anything has changed?[/quote]
No changes were made to this mechanism in 2019r2

Thanks Greg for the feedback.

I’m using Xojo on Windows 10, configured in French

I’ve tested a simple web app with a single label. It’s text content is determined with a constant set as follows :

[code]Default Value = labdefault
Type = String
Scope = Public
Localized = True

Then I have languages definitions
Default = labdefault
English = labenglish
French = labfrench
[/code]

In 2019 R1.1
When I test in debug mode, the label text will be shown according to the language I choose for showing the pages for my browser.
So If I choose French, the label text will be “labfrench”.
If my browser language is english, the label text will be “labenglish”.

In 2019 R2
I open this project created in 2019 R1
The label will invariably show “labfrench”. Changing the browser language doesn’t have any impact on the language used by the label.

A project created in R2 will give the same results.

I feel like something has changed, probably involuntarily.

Thanks for looking at this issue.

Could you create a sample project and file a bug report for us to look at?

Done.

<https://xojo.com/issue/58058>

I’ve added points to this Feedback Case.
Any estimation on this confirmed bug? Especially our French speaking customers do not really appreciate their interfaces in English…

[quote=480668:@Robert Everts]I’ve added points to this Feedback Case.
Any estimation on this confirmed bug? Especially our French speaking customers do not really appreciate their interfaces in English…[/quote]

So very true. I used to write applications used across Europe and you could bet on being told within an hour about errors in the French UI, where as in others it might be a year before anyone would get around to mentioning it.

Could it be that localized strings fetch from the system setting, instead of the browser one ?

I’ve added my points to this as well. This is a critical application breaking issue. I’m still on R1 so I’m not impacted, but my next project was going to be started with R2.