Any Update on WebVersion ?

Hello,

Seeing the issues on the latest XOJO, I wanted to ask if there are any considerable updates on the WebApps part of the latest XOJO, is it wort it to start developing an webApp now and to be forced to redo all in 6 months maybe when the new api will come and the supposed new changes and optimizations ?

So far the dependence of plugins is quite high and we have few controls only on the current IDE and most of them are basic or useless, I know XOJO does not give estimates but just to have an idea then to expect the new improved options will arrive.

Thanks in advance.

Not much news here. But XDC has “new web framework” as session, so I expect to see something there.

yeah I saw that on the videos side, it looks nice what they say there but so far still no news on that.

Web 2.0 is going to be API 2.0, we had to complete API 2.0 first so we can add it to Web 2.0. We are making progress and there’s a ton of excitement! Stay tuned for updates (when available) on our blog and/or newsletter.

Is this the third year with that session?

I don’t know, but I know a good year to check the advancements: 2021.

We’re in a very similar position to Aurelian, as we’re about to start building a new web app, but do not want to have to make hundreds of changes when Web2.0 is implemented.

Current plan is to create the app in 2019r1.1, then develop in 2019r2 using API 2 sparingly.

We’ll be using BKeeney ActiveRecord and Valentina Reports in the project for definite and possibly Graffiti Suite Web Edition.

Can anybody see any holes in this approach?

Just start with current Web engine and don’t promise anything of the new stuff to come to the client.

If Web 2.0 comes in spring in time for the conference, be happy, learn about it.
In summer when the stuff you use is also ported to newer Web engine, you can schedule to upgrade your project and offer the client this update. As Web 2.0 may have a few goodies for clients, they may want to pay you for the upgrade.

[quote=460967:@Jon Moody]We’re in a very similar position to Aurelian, as we’re about to start building a new web app, but do not want to have to make hundreds of changes when Web2.0 is implemented.

Current plan is to create the app in 2019r1.1, then develop in 2019r2 using API 2 sparingly.

We’ll be using BKeeney ActiveRecord and Valentina Reports in the project for definite and possibly Graffiti Suite Web Edition.

Can anybody see any holes in this approach?[/quote]

If you dont want to make hundreds of changes later:

Web2.0 will be API 2.0 only, so it is better to use 2019r2 and api 2 only to make an easier transition to web 2.0

For now, ActiveRecord, and Valentina Reports and Graffiti Suite Web Edition are not API 2.0

Not sure I agree with this statement.

Web 2.0 objects will only be API 2.0. That is, a WebLabel will only have a Value property, and will not have a Text property. On the other hand, the frameworks themselves will be the same stuff that’s available today, deprecated API 1.0 and non-deprecated API 2.0.

Now, the current web framework controls and objects were not changed or updated to API 2.0in 2019r2, but there were a few framework fixes that you might benefit from.