Xojo check for new version crashes 2019R1.1

Hello all.

Suddenly I cannot start Xojo without it crashing. It starts, shows the screen to select a project but overlaid on top is another screen that is blank except for the very top that says there is a new version. But it crashes and must be closed.

How do I get around this?

Thanks,
Tim

You could download the latest version directly from Xojo website at https://www.xojo.com/download/

I Edwin.
I found a way around - turn off wifi - but should not have it crash. I am not wanting to download it through the app, it was doing this on its own.

Once I was able to get it going, I found in the updates tab that checking for them can be turned off. We’ll see if that fixes it.
Thanks,
Tim

what version were you using that it would do this ?

Hi Norman.
2019R1.1

Tim

Please report crash report via feedback

I had something like this with 2019r2.0. It has frozen at first run, not exactly crashed, but “halted” busy forever. As I read something about a “download another fresh copy from the website, because at some point existed a borked one published”, I did it, but nothing solved it. Then, for a moment I thought that it could be something related to some resource download, and turned the wi-fi off. Done. After running it once, I could turn the wi-fi on again and it started to work.

Do you remember where (and when) is this in the Xojo site ?

I downloaded 19r2 on October 10, then 19 and get the same bad version that I trashed.

Drag and Drop bugs, Icon jiggles in macOS, etc.

Nearly 1GB takes forever to download: > 2 hours for the older, around 30 minutes for the younger. We all know how picky Xojo servers are.

Nope. I don’t recall EXACTLY where I’ve read and the broken search tools of this forum don’t help much. I’ve read something about it like twice. But, if I’m not confusing the facts, in one of the mentions, it was in a response in a thread where Einhugur Plugins were having troubles with Catalina.

And… Well… The bugs you are having in 2019r2 seems not related to that refresh. R2.0 must be avoided. R2.0 is seriously flawed, not production ready, and many important fixes are done for the next release… whichever it is. (R2.1 or R3)