folderitem issues

Hello,
I’m seeing problens when loading CD-ROMs (in Mojave):
loading a CD-ROM or audioCD/DVD in Xojo2019r1.1, the folderitem lock property shows as TRUE.
Opening the same project in r2, the same CD-ROM or audioCD/DVD shows FALSE.

Again, same project with home-masterized CD-ROM:
in r1.1 all the f.items show their right size both opening the CD thru File > Open, dropping the CD onto the icon in the Dock, and dropping the CD onto the window of the app;
in r2 some f.items show their right size when the CD is opened thru File > Open and dropping the CD onto the icon in the Dock, but show size = 0 when the CD is dropped into the app (i.e. when DropObject is called).

Yet, the code in File > Open and in DropObject is the same.
Looking in the debugger, I noticed that all the f.items showing size = 0 contain one or more space(s) in their name. So item(x).name = “Clementine.mp4” will show its right size, but item(xx).name = “Dear Clementine.mp4” will show size = 0 and the name becomes “Dear%20Clementine.mp4”. As I said, this happens only with code called in DropObject event handler (doSomething(obj.folderitem); as a consequence in a loop listing the content of the CD, the 0-size files get skipped.

For instance, parsing the content of obj.folderitem:
for i as integer = 1 to f.count//f is the obj.folderitem
dim ff as folderitem = f.item(i)
dim m as movie = ff.OpenAsMovie
if m <> nil then//if ff.name contains spaces (or to be more precise “%20”), m is nil because there is no Dear%20Clementine.mp4 item in the CD
//do something
end if
next

(audio-CD/DVD, apart for the lock issue, load everything all right also when loaded in the DropObject event).

Suggestion welcome. Thank you.

[quote=459210:@Carlo Rubini]loading a CD-ROM or audioCD/DVD in Xojo2019r1.1, the folderitem lock property shows as TRUE.
Opening the same project in r2, the same CD-ROM or audioCD/DVD shows FALSE.[/quote]

I’d file a bug report via Feedback ASAP. There were a lot of these kinds of things found and fixed during R2 beta testing. Everything connected to FolderItems was rewritten for R2 to use the current macOS APIs, so it’s entirely possible there are still undiscovered bugs - as this one appears to be.