API 2 Fonts and size lost

A project full moved to API 2, after some Runs, all buttons and labels lost their specific font and size.

Please report incl. a sample project. Thank you.

I do not know how I may reproduce it.
The fact is after moved to API2, continue developing and everything seems normal. (Well, I think the compiler is slower).
After several runs, and debugging, in a run the fonts were lost in all Buttons and labels that used that font.

is it a bevelbutton?

Yes

Known issue:
Feedback Case #57710

https://forum.xojo.com/56334-icon-position-in-button-changes

https://forum.xojo.com/56412-new-update-release-date

As I said there, a whole control not working, hundreds of proyects will be not updated to r2. That is enought to have a dot release ASAP. But…

It’s a known problem with the BevelButtons.
Apparently after changing some Event Handlers (Open -> Opening, Close -> Closing …) and saving/reloading the project, the BevelButton properties are changed.
Very annoying, for me too.

I hope you didnt work a lot in it. I trow away one day of work and went back to the 2019r1 save instead of manually editing the 150+ buttons on my proyect.

Luckily my app is relative small and only a dozen of buttons were affected

Has someone found a way to use BevelButtons in a way the BevelButton properties are not changed after saving/loading the project?
(other that going back to versn R1)

[quote=459122:@Enric Herrera]Has someone found a way to use BevelButtons in a way the BevelButton properties are not changed after saving/loading the project?
(other that going back to versín R1)[/quote]
Replaying to myself

[quote]Sub Opening() Handles Opening
me.FontName = “JazzText”
me.FontSize = 18
me.CaptionAlignment = BevelButton.CaptionAlignments.Centered
End Sub
[/quote]

I did not tried it, but does that not changes the properties only when the program is run ?
What about the buttons when you load the program in the IDE ?
Do they have the correct properties ?

Regards
Etienne

[quote=459141:@Volbragt Etienne]I did not tried it, but does that not changes the properties only when the program is run ?
What about the buttons when you load the program in the IDE ?
Do they have the correct properties ?

Regards
Etienne[/quote]
No, only when you run it.

[quote=459122:@Enric Herrera]Has someone found a way to use BevelButtons in a way the BevelButton properties are not changed after saving/loading the project?
(other that going back to versín R1)[/quote]

(I quit R2 so, not tested)

I noticied that the buttons are left with a mess in the properties so, for them to work maybe you need to delete the button and put a new one, that will let only the R2 properties.

Even if you create a BevelButton from whitin R2, after a save/load the properties are changing too.

Regrds
Etienne

After I lost code which was written in a new r2 project. Despite Xojo r2 looks promising, it is full of flaws and bugs. On this moment, r2 is not workable for a professional development environment.

If you use it, I advise you to do an incremental save, meaning you save very often with a unique number after your filename. In case something goes wrong (which will believe me), you can revert back a version before the mishap.

Those Xojo developers should pay much more attention to detail, bug finding and solving and quality control. For some errors, there are no excuses at all. With r2 Xojo is in a terrible state and based on other threads, I am afraid Xojo is losing customers.

Despite the problems I experienced and the many bad reviews r2 received, I keep using r2 despite all its shortcomings, this is a very promising release and worth supporting.

To comment on your problem. Can you not make your own graphical buttons with the canvas. I advise you to look at Skillshare and choose a course which teaches you how to draw graphical interface objects. I am using Affinity Designer since it became available and creating interface objects with it is a breeze. It is a (little) more work but you can tailor your interface to your own wishes and needs.

Even in earlier versions, Bevelbuttons would be better avoided.