New update release date ?

See my conversation
https://forum.xojo.com/56334-icon-position-in-button-changes
from Oct 13.
This is a very big problem for my programs.
All my forms contain BevenButtons with specific properties.
When changing some of the Event Handlers in the forms (open -> opening , close -> closing …) then after a save/load all my BevelButtons have changed properties.
I know there exists a ‘Feedback Case #57710’.

When will the next update be released so I can switch to API2 ?

Regards
Etienne

I’d vote for Xojo to remove BevelButton completely. It’s not a native Control and can be replicated via a Canvas or replaced with a Plugin like PictureButton by Einhugur.

how much BevelButtons have your project?

About 50 BevelButtons are included in my program.
The entire program flow also depends on whether or not the button is pressed or not (ToggleButton).
Some are defined as ToggleButton and others as PushButton.
Also the background color can be different depending on the kind of data that is contained in the loaded file.

Regards
Etienne

I do not understand what you meant by Toogle Button, but I think the above anwser applies too.

It is certainly faster to change the project’s code than wait for an update that will eventually squash the bug.

Edit:

Ask (and explain what you want to do) if you need explanations for the above replacements.

Shouldn‘t the question be: if Björn can do it properly, then why not Xojo?

In the BevelButton inspector view you can choose as ButtonType : Toggles, Button or Sticky.
Toggels means that each time you click the button he changes state : On -> Off / Off -> On.

In my code, actions are taken depending if the state of the button is On or Off.

Printed as pdf (normal character size of 10) my program is about 1500 pages of code.
Changing my code : I don’t think that it is the corrcet way to handle a bug. A bug need to be fixed.
In this case I even think it should be solved asap, because it is really a bug that changes properties when saving your work.
More : you cannot see the bug when you run the code in the IDE, it only happens after saving the project.
I will wait until the next update and work further with 2018r4.

Regards
Etienne

This is not your problem. Your problem is when will a modified Xojo be released ?

That is why I advice you to do the job by yourself instead of waiting.

In other words, do not hold your breath until this bug will be squashed an a new Xojo with this fix released.

FYI, @Norman Palardy has posted a replacement BevelButton class on github: https://github.com/npalardy/BevelButtonReplacement

i would try to add a new class with super to BevelButton and in the Forms i would rename the 50x Super from BevelButton to “my” class.
mabe the propertys are then untouched after saved and reopen.
if this not work, then maybe a replacement of own Bevel Button,
i think its faster than the hope that the problem or issue will go away …

[quote=458630:@Volbragt Etienne]In the BevelButton inspector view you can choose as ButtonType : Toggles, Button or Sticky.
Toggels means that each time you click the button he changes state : On → Off / Off → On.[/quote]

If someone dont even know how BevelButtons work or what are they used to, of course they cant help, Dont waste time explaining

You will never have an answer from xojo about release dates. Even if somehow you knew the date, there is no guarantee of the problem be solved. Even if some dont even know how to use this, there are many who depend on bevelbuttons, I think this bug alone is worth a dot release ASAP, but, you know xojo. Dont hold your breath.

Not only is not working, the buttons are left with a mess of mixed old and new properties. And even if you delete the buttons and create new ones (or changing the super to canvas and back to bevel just to clear that mess) , the extensive name changes make harder to set them manually.

Options:
1 If you dont really need something of the 2019r2 stay in 2019r1
2. Use 2019r2, but dont do a Save As

[quote=458651:@Markus Rauch]i would try to add a new class with super to BevelButton and in the Forms i would rename the 50x Super from BevelButton to “my” class.
mabe the propertys are then untouched after saved and reopen.
if this not work, then maybe a replacement of own Bevel Button,
i think its faster than the hope that the problem or issue will go away …[/quote]
grab my bevelbutton replacement and swap the supers
done
really