WebImageView.Picture Does Not Display

I have a WebImageView on a page, with its Picture property set to a png image that’s been dragged into the project. The picture displays in the IDE and on the page when viewed in debug mode at localhost, but when being served as a standalone app, the image does not appear in browsers. The control responds to mousedown, but it’s invisible (its Visible property is set to True in the Inspector). Built with Xojo 2019 r1.1.

The WebImageView is on an instance of a WebContainer which is itself subclassed from WebContainer; I see to remember reading some cautions against doing that, maybe that’s the problem?

That’ll be hard to quantify without an example. Could you create one and file a bug report so we can look at it?

Running into the same problem. Did you find a solution, @Julia Truchsess?

Hm, looks like it’s working now, but I don’t remember what I did.

If the image is in the IDE when compiling and linking it is placed into a “___ Resources” directory. Be sure the image is in the same resources directory on the target machine where the Web project will run.
I write and compile on a Windows machine, but run my projects on a Linux box. I’ve copied a compiled application to the Linux box but forgotten to bring all the resources over - especially when just adding images to an existing project.

Is your webimagebox located on top of a rectangle? if so, it is a known bug.

Thanks Louis. Mine seems to be working fine, except when the programmer faults. :wink: I wanted to add the comment incase someone else was having the same issue with missing image at runtime. As I was reading through the posts, the eureka light went off in my brain, ‘i;ve seen and done this before…’

Indeed. As much as we wish our code was perfect and out UI impeccable and our build rules faultless, it does happen that we err. Theoretically speaking of course! :wink: