El Capitan, Xojo 2019r2 and me…

I fired Xojo 2019r2,
New Project,
Changed size to 1000 x 900,
Library,
Select and Drag the Cancel PushButton:

Xojo 2019r2 do not answer. (inferno circled colored wheel…) TWICE.

I left all other (Firefox only) applications, I set WiFi to OFF (no Internet),
New Project,
Changed size to 1000 x 900,
Save the project,
Double-click in the Cancel PushButton.

Works.

MouseDrag a PushButton is to be avoided (here at last)… :frowning:

So, I am alone to have that…

Same problems. Not to mention that I’ve saved a copy of my project and the size increased 40 times (from 3.9 MB to 165.9 MB)

And the open/save takes a very long time. 45 seconds to open and 38 seconds to save the project (vs 2019 r1.1 - 11 seconds to open and almost 2 seconds to save)

The save af that new project was fast but it was not fat on disk.

Were the images ImageSets before importing the project into Xojo 2019r2 / saving it ?

I have worse: read the other (new) entry.

it freeze when dragging any control from the library

Compiled application also freeze on drag

This I can’t test.

Eduard, what platform & OS version are you running?

LBN:
I booted on 10.13.2, fired Xojo 2019r2 (the one on the internal SSD, not in the boot HDD), created a new project and drag a PushButton without trouble;

More investigations have to be done.

What changed beside the boot disk ?

I modified the Plugins folder name (since I do not need them).
The High Sierra OS was installed on a clean (and brand new) HDD (3 hours to low level format it).

Probably other changes too…

I’m running 10.11.6 on all my macs. Maybe that could be the problem, but they specify 10.10.5 or higher on system requirements.

Emile, try to add this on a canvas mousedown and test the code on El Capitan

dim d as DragItem
d = new DragItem(self, x, y, me.Width, me.Height)
d.Drag

I checked the requirements too, just in case.

I have an application where I can drag a Canvas contents to disk. It crashed (I think) on EC, but on HS…

Will check on EC when at home, later.

The same thing for me, there are two distinct problems:

1. Under El Capitan (10.11.6) it is impossible to add a control from the library.?
Xojo freezes and the only option is to force to quit, it use 100% CPU but the memory does not seem to increase (225MB)

There is not much to see in the console except that process Xojo[899] thread 84109 caught burning CPU…

12.10.19 16:38:00.744 WindowServer[198]: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Xojo" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them. 12.10.19 16:38:00.996 WindowServer[198]: common_reenable_update: UI updates were finally reenabled by application "Xojo" after 1.25 seconds [0.80fps] (server forcibly re-enabled them after 1.00 seconds [1.00fps]) 12.10.19 16:39:28.000 kernel[0]: process Xojo[899] thread 84109 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback 12.10.19 16:41:34.731 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.xojo.xojo.486752[899]) Service exited due to signal: Terminated: 15
2. The second problem is related to the size of the project saved as binary and the time needed to save it.
A project representing 25MB and 2 sec to save on R1.1 becomes 95MB and takes 17 sec for each cmd-s with R2. This also seems to be related to El Capitan, under Sierra I did not encounter any problem, the backup lasts a little longer with R2, but the file keeps the same size.

Tested on MBP 15" 2011, i7, 8GB RAM and SSD , macOS 10.11.6

Issue a double click in a Control put one into the open window without crash.

Drag and drop a Control is faultive. (does not works).

The fast way to remove the bug is to increase the minimum OS version needed to run 2019r2 to 10.12. :wink:

[quote=457865:@Alain Clausen]The same thing for me, there are two distinct problems:
… snipped out…
Tested on MBP 15" 2011, i7, 8GB RAM and SSD , macOS 10.11.6[/quote]
I’m curious if you tried the betas ?
Not saying it was your job to and Xojo should but did you see this behaviour during the betas ?
Seems that whatever is causing this in the IDE might affect apps compiled in 2019r2 as well since the 2019r2 IDE is compiled with 2019r2

I tested several Beta versions of the R2 on my work machine (iMac 5K, Sierra), but unfortunately not on El Capitan. I use this old Mac in my holiday house and I installed the R2 on it this weekend for the first time. This Mac works very well (even better than the iMac) and I have no plans to update it for now so I will have to continue using R1.1 on it.
It is unclear if the apps compiled with R2 have the same behavior if running on El Capitan, if that should be the case, the R2 version would be unusable. For my part I did not see any problem of drag & drop with my apps compiled with R2 and used under El Capitan.

Nice ! I am happy for you.

I’m not happy anymore …
I just saw that one of my app that uses a listbox with the ‘Allow Row Reordering’ property set to true freezes when trying to move a row! Because many customers and I still use El Capitan, this version is therefore useless and I have to stay with the R1.1