No Run button (lost license?)

I upgraded to Catalina and apparently lost my Xojo license. I am logged into Xojo, both on the web and the app, but my Run button is not active when I load my program. I am assuming I have to download my license, but when I go to the license web page I don’t see how to do it, and Xojo is not asking me automatically when I start the app. Help?

You should go to xojo.com, click Account, then Licenses. There, you can remove installations that no longer are relevant.

Then go into Xojo, Xojo’s menu/Licenses Keys, and click Update. It will put your license back in Xojo.

In the not-labeled Column between “Expiration” and “Auto Renew”, click on the Xojo Paper Icon.

Thanks. That did it, but the Run button is still not active. I can Build but not Run.

I have a pro license, and it is for a Mac and I am on a Mac. I can’t think of any other variables.

License expired ?

Not for another two months.

More than 3 Activations?

The license shouldn’t affect the ability to run, just to build, so something else is amiss.

I had a similar issue. I was logged in to my Xojo.com account but I was not able to build or to save in text format. Seems the license was not applied. I had to remove the activation on my account page and activate again in Xojo on Menu Xojo -> License keys

Should always be able to run.
Its BUILD that doesnt work if you are not licenced, isnt it?

Is this an IOS project and lacking simulators?

Wrong project type or you cant run in 32 bit now so you need to change it to 64?

I only have one computer activated at this point. If I make a new app, the wrong button is there, so there’s something about my current app that’s the problem. But this app is probably 15 years old, started back in the real basic days. And it worked fineIn the OSP for Catalina and the previous version of Xojo.

That’s it. I was still set on 32 bit. Thanks for your help.

Catalina changed probably changed something that generates a computer id or whatever xojo uses for it’s licensing system.
I had to deatuhorize and relogin on both my macs after updating to xojo R2 (i have catalina).

[quote=457272:@Derk Jochems]Catalina changed probably changed something that generates a computer id or whatever xojo uses for it’s licensing system.
I had to deatuhorize and relogin on both my macs after updating to xojo R2 (i have catalina).[/quote]

Oh, thank you! :slight_smile: That’s maybe why i see 3 Machines with Licenses instead of 2. :wink:

[quote=457272:@Derk Jochems]Catalina changed probably changed something that generates a computer id or whatever xojo uses for it’s licensing system.
I had to deatuhorize and relogin on both my macs after updating to xojo R2 (i have catalina).[/quote]
We have seen this with a few Catalina upgrades already. Our licensing sees it as a new machine.

Just go to your account, deauthorize your machine and then log into your account on your computer and relaunch the IDE. if this doesn’t resolve it, go to the licenses tab in the about screen and click the update button.

When I try to license xojo it errors and fails, (Catalina)