Building 64 bit Mac from Windows

Anyone know if Building 64 bit Mac apps from Windows will be possible anytime soon?

Thanks!

really likely depends on where the LLVM project is in creating a linker for Windows that can link a macOS executable properly

for the moment I would continue to build & test your app on macOS

if youre using SVN, GIT etc this is trivial

Thanks Norm.

In other words I should install Xojo, the third party libs I use, and my Xojo code tree on the Mac to get a 64 bit Mac build before the deadline? (yea, you know better than I how much work that is going to be…)

There are ways of running MacOS VMs on Windows, and could compile there. Never tried, seems simple, but I have no time to play with it. Maybe someone here has already tried ?

[quote=454450:@John Bonnett]Thanks Norm.

In other words I should install Xojo, the third party libs I use, and my Xojo code tree on the Mac to get a 64 bit Mac build before the deadline? (yea, you know better than I how much work that is going to be…)[/quote]

With SVN , git etc this is a simple as checking out the repository its in and you’re darned near done except for the IDE and copying over whatever plugins are needed

You need the Mac to test them anyway, so why not use one of the Xojo Pro seats there?

Yep, especially with all the code signing nonsense, its best to test on a real Mac anyway, to make sure customers won’t get any surprises. Apple sure makes it easy for devs these days.