1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 months ago

Norman P

11 Sep 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro outside drowning sorrows

Xojo stopped committing to a 90 day release cycle some time ago

3. Andre K

11 Sep 2019 Pre-Release Testers

@Norman P Xojo stopped committing to a 90 day release cycle some time ago

Haven't seen any anouncement for that, so i guess they will also cut the price into halve?

4. Thom M

11 Sep 2019 Pre-Release Testers Greater Hartford Area, CT

@Andre K Haven't seen any anouncement for that, so i guess they will also cut the price into halve?

Why?

5. Norman P

@Andre K Haven't seen any anouncement for that, so i guess they will also cut the price into halve?

I dunno if they mention anything more than "a year of updates"
    https://www.xojo.com/store/

6. Andre K

11 Sep 2019 Pre-Release Testers

@Thom M Why?

Because they don't deliver what was said: 90 day release schedule just as Norman himself has said MANY times when he still worked there. NEVER has someone from Xojo said they would stop the qwarterly updates. If i had known this before renewing my pro licence i would never have paid the 700 dollar for what they are delivering now.

7. Dave S

11 Sep 2019 San Diego, California USA

While I was never a fan of the 90 day release cycle (do it RIGHT, not FAST), I admit I let my paid license lapse from 2016 to 2019, and only bit the bullet then because over that 3 year period there was signifcant changes. But unlike when I could upgrade my desktop liccense for $50.00 a year, and now it is the same as a "new" license ($299).... I am only going to pay out, when I figure the investment is worth MY while. This (to me at least) creates a problem for Xojo..... if more of us start renewing every few years, then their revenue stream drops, if the revenue stream drops they may have to lay off employees, if the lay off employees, then the improvements take longer, and if the improvements take longer, fewer will renew as often.... etc.. etc. etc.

$50 a year or even $100 makes Xojo more money from me, that $299 maybe every few years

8. Norman P

@Andre K Because they don't deliver what was said: 90 day release schedule just as Norman himself has said MANY times when he still worked there.

That changed even before I left - at one time it was 90 days - but that was many years back
    Then it changed to quarterly
    And I dont recall when that was changed
    You should take this up with Xojo hello@xojo.com

or Sign Up to reply!