Xojo still asking for 32bit libraries (solved)

Hello. I have beein using RealBasic a long time ago and wrote a Linux application. It’s a fairly simple app: collects some data from textfields, processes said data and writes the results to textfiles (csv and rtf).
This app stopped working when I used “pure” 64bit Linux. Now I thought I’d take a look at Xojo, as it says it’s 64 bit.
The IDE runs well enough on Mint 18 in a Virtualbox VM. However, when I try to run the application, it complains about missing 32bit libraries. I don’t understand why this happens, as I hoped to have the application run 64bit.
If some elements of my program call 32 bit libraries, how can I find them?
And if Xojo still requires 32bit libraries, I’d expect my program to still need them and so won’t run on pure 64bit linux.

Thierry

Did you change the architecture to 64-bit in the Linux build settings?

In Build settings (left pane) I see only “Linux”, no choice of 32 or 64 bit. I tried “this computer” too. maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

Select Linux and then look at the inspector on the right.

Stupid question: what Xojo version are-you using ?

@Greg O’Lone: Thanks, I had missed this one! Brings me a new error I am working on but the 64bit part is solved
@Emile Schwarz: That’s not a stupid question, I should have been more precise. I am currently testing 2019r1.1 on Min18 as for some reason there ais a dependancy problem on Debian10.

I have noticed that apps I build for Linux in 2014 will not run on Linux 64 bit machines.
I have tried to follow the installations of libs recommended but no such files are available in searches of repositories.
Where do I get them?

[quote]
“Select Linux and then look at the inspector on the right.”[/quote] No such thing in my Xojo version.

The package names can vary by distro. What distro are you running?

[quote=460742:@Vince Francia]I have noticed that apps I build for Linux in 2014 will not run on Linux 64 bit machines.
I have tried to follow the installations of libs recommended but no such files are available in searches of repositories.
Where do I get them?

“Select Linux and then look at the inspector on the right.”
No such thing in my Xojo version.[/quote]
Xojo 2014 only builds 32-bit apps so there won’t be an Architecture selector to choose 64-bit.

If you want to run 32-bit apps on a newer 64-bit Linux distribution then you will need to make sure the distribution has the appropriate 32-bit compatibility libraries installed. The ones you need vary greatly by distribution. The System Requirements page has some suggestions:
https://documentation.xojo.com/resources/system_requirements_for_current_version.html#64-bit_Configuration_for_Running_32-bit_Apps

If those are not working then you’ll need to post exactly what Linux distribution and version you are using, the commands you tried and then perhaps someone with some knowledge of that Linux version will know the commands you need to install the 32-bit compatibility libraries.

The easiest solution is to use a more modern version of Xojo. 64-bit apps were added 4 years ago in Xojo 2015 Release 3.

https://documentation.xojo.com/Resources:2015_Release_Highlights#2015_Release_3