A Development Profile is Required

Trying to build one of the example apps, but failing each time with the error message ‘A development profile is required’
Environment: MacOS 10.14.6
Xcode: 10.3 (10G8)
XoJo: Version 2019 Release 1.1

I have followed the help page at Device deployment — Xojo documentation
I have successfully created a certificate
I have successfully created an identifier
My device is created and seen in XCode
I have created a wildcard profile (and tried an application specific profile) both result in the same error

I can see from right clicking on my device in XCode and selecting ‘Show Provisioning Profiles’ that the profile is installed on the device

Name of wildcard provisioning bundle is com.*

When filling out the Build Settings (iOS) I set the bundle identifier to the com.taskmanager (where ‘taskmanager’ is the iOS App Name)
I have tried all possible combinations of the bundle identifier but none get me any further.

Team has 1 options in the drop down (‘None’ or ‘My company’) If I select ‘My Company’ I get the ‘development profile required’ error, if I set ‘None’ An app is built, but on trying to install it on the device I get the error ‘No Code Signature Found’

I seem to be going round in circles with this, there are a lot of historic posts reporting this issue, but I can’t find a solution.

[quote]I have created a wildcard profile (and tried an application specific profile) both result in the same error
[/quote]

[quote=452683:@Hugh Douglas-Smith]Name of wildcard provisioning bundle is com.*
[/quote]
These need to be more specific. It should be something like:

com.yourcompanyname.yourappname

I’m surprised that Apple allowed com.*

This should also be:

com.yourcompanyname.yourappname

[quote=452683:@Hugh Douglas-Smith]Team has 1 options in the drop down (‘None’ or ‘My company’) If I select ‘My Company’ I get the ‘development profile required’ error, if I set ‘None’ An app is built, but on trying to install it on the device I get the error ‘No Code Signature Found’
[/quote]
If you’ve signed into Xcode and downloaded the certificates, this menu will show your actual company name, not “my company”, and you should choose that.

Thanks for the comments, for clarification:
I have tried using com.* and com.xxxx.* for the identifier, it makes no difference (where xxxx is the company name)
Also where I wrote ‘My Company’ in the team name, it is showing the actual name of the company from the iOS development licence, I was just trying to anonomise for the post.

[quote=452702:@Hugh Douglas-Smith]Thanks for the comments, for clarification:
I have tried using com.* and com.xxxx.* for the identifier, it makes no difference (where xxxx is the company name)
Also where I wrote ‘My Company’ in the team name, it is showing the actual name of the company from the iOS development licence, I was just trying to anonomise for the post.[/quote]
And have you downloaded all of this to your computer using Xcode?

Also, are you able to run your project in the simulator?

Thanks, yes the profile is downloaded to Xcode and if I look at devices, I can see the profile loaded. And yes the simulator runs the app without any issues.

One further question, if I setup a new identifier along the lines of com.‘mycompany’.* does the ‘mycompany’ need to be my actual company as defined in the Apple Developer Account? and if so, how to I cope with spaces in the name?

[quote=452706:@Hugh Douglas-Smith]

One further question, if I setup a new identifier along the lines of com.‘mycompany’.* does the ‘mycompany’ need to be my actual company as defined in the Apple Developer Account? and if so, how to I cope with spaces in the name?[/quote]
Typically people use their domain name. So if your company’s domain were example.com, you’d use com.example.appname.

Hi, thanks I have tried again with the domain name, but again it isn’t working, just for clarity, the domain name I have used is webappz.co.uk so I entered uk.co.webappz.appname (where appname is the name of the app) but again I am still seeing the same error.

Any further suggestions? I am still not able to resolve this.

Search for “development profile” on the forum. There are at least 10 threads about this very thing and all the steps you’ll need to reset.

I have used is webappz.co.uk so I entered uk.co.webappz.appname
Did you tried the “real” thing:
co.uk.webappz.appname ? (.co.uk = .com, so why reversing it ?)

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried .com too (that was where I started) but still getting the same errors