Adding a widget to an app

New to programming, Very new to Xojo!

SO I’ve been able to figure out how to get data from a DB, display it & Sort it. Add a scroll bar and a few other items…

But for the life of me I can’t figure out how to add a simple widget!

What i’m looking to do is hit OpenWeatherMap and use one of there widgets within an Html Viewer.
Minus the AppId here is the code they give me:

How do I get XOJO to read this and give me the widget? Ive been beating my head against my monitor for a couple days now!

Are you making a desktop or a web app?

Desktop App

Whats a widget?

You’ll need to place what OpenWeatherMap provided on a HTML page and display it in an HTMLViewer. You might need to modify it as well. It looks like they used a protocol aware URL, but you’ll want to force HTTPS for macOS security requirements.

To be clear-
Are you saying I have to place this in an external webpage and then bring it back in on a viewer?

Like I said. I’m pretty new to this level of coding. I’ve only been building webpages and suck for a couple years and this side of programming and Xojo is completely new to me.

To display a HTML widget you will need a HTMLViewer. Using an external server is acceptable. Alternatively, you can write it to a file in Temporary, or use the LoadPage method to load the string from memory.

Cool! I will first try the LoadPage method! Wish me luck! LOL