questions about cloud services?

HI Folks.
I’ve only had a little time to play with XOJO so far, but I like already what I see. Love it actually.
Questions.
So, I have this customer, or potential customer that needs an e commerce website. It’s a mom and pop music store.
I’ll need a database for the products, which wouldn’t be that big really, and I would be writing an interface that
allows the store owners to update products and product amounts, etc, in the database, and then the webpages
would display products via web pages that hit the database.
Is it possible to use something llke MS SQL express or Oracles free database for the database on the cloud?
I’m assuming the free sql would even work if it supports transactions? I have to insure the database is robust
enough to work for a site that actually sells things, etc.
Does the cloud have any companies that it works with that allow connection to processing services for accepting
credit cards, etc?
Thanks in advance…

Xojo cloud provides MySQL, which is as robust as any of the others, as part of the package. There are no built-in payment processors, but nothing to stop you from accessing the processor’s APIs either.

FWIW, Xojo Cloud also provides PostgreSQL.

I recommend you postgresql, which also comes preinstalled in xojo cloud and you can activate it with just a press of a button

[quote]I have to insure the database is robust
enough to work for a site that actually sells things[/quote]

Really, you should use postgresql

From the sound of it, SQLite might also work really well.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.