WebTextField

Hello,
My name is Mauricio. I’m from Brazil, i purchased a web edition last week.
When i put a WebTextField on Webpage or a WebDialog that background style is white the
control WebTextField seems to disappear on screen, there is no default border on control,
is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks,

Mauricio

Create a Top, Left, Right, Bottom Border style and apply that to the WebTextField.

Edit: you posted in General, if you are working with Web is better to post in the Web section. You can move this topic to that part of the forum.

Thanks for the answer, but the problem is that when I apply a webstyle to a control it does not show me the webstyle applied to the control, just when I run the application. in my earlier version 2016.r.2.1 showed in both development and runtime.

Mmmm, what version are you using?

This is how it looks what I did at design time (Xojo IDE):

And this is how it looks in Safari:

White background style for the window
Solid black border style for the WebTextField

Edit: are you Windows, Mac or Linux user (Xojo IDE)? I did my test on Mac

I’m using windows, my version is the latest , bought last week.

Maybe there is a bug report about this. I’ll do more tests tomorrow. Hope someone can chime in before that.

Downloaded Xojo 2016r3 for Windows and it works, showing the border at design time (IDE) and running.
Downloaded Xojo 2016r4.1 for Windows and it doesn’t work at design time, only running.

I will report cause my version is the latest, i will try
in a prior version to see wheter the error persists.

Maybe is a problem with your browser or something else you are doing.

Latest Xojo realease (2019 1.1)
Windows 10

Hi Ivan, the issue is not running the project but how the IDE show the styles applied to WebTextField.

This are the steps to see the issue:

• apply a white background style to WebPage1
  • add a WebTextField
  • add a border style to the WebTextField
  • don’t run the project but look at it in Xojo IDE
    The problem is that the border style is not shown in Xojo IDE on Windows (mac works Ok) with (my guess) any version of Xojo for Windows since 2016r4

If you do the same with Xojo 2016r3 or earlier, you can add a border style (Solid, Dotted and Dashed) to a WebLabel or WebTextField and see, before running, the style applied at design time (Xojo IDE).

Running the project is not a problem.

Do you know if there is a Feedback case already for this?

[quote=446038:@MAURICIO ALMEIDA]I will report cause my version is the latest, i will try
in a prior version to see wheter the error persists.[/quote]
Mauricio, I did some “detective work” for you, what I did:

• fired up my old windows 10 laptop with Xojo 2018r3 and test, IDE don’t show the border style
  • reviewed changes in Xojo 2016, to see if any important Windows changes
  • Xojo 2016r4 release notes mention:

[quote]Windows HiDPI support is finalized.
Windows Graphics subsystem now uses Direct2D and DirectWrite for improved drawing speed and modern graphics support.[/quote]
so I downloaded Xojo 2016r3 and Xojo 2016r4 and test in both. 2016r3 shows the style without issue, 2016r4 don’t show the border style at all (tested changing the # of pixels, changing to dotted and dashed and nothing works with 2016r4 but it works fine with 2016r3).

My guess is that this is not working since 2016r4. Can’t find a report for that. Can you create a Feedback case for this or do you want me to create one for you?

Ahhhhh, that bug…

Well, yes, the colors are a complete mess, for web I still use 2016 4.1 for mantaining some projects and YES, this is the “normal” behavior since then, No border on the controls and the background is #F7F7F7 color.

But, remember, what you see in the IDE is just a drawing on a canvas, it doesn’t affect the end result.

[quote=446007:@MAURICIO ALMEIDA]control WebTextField seems to disappear on screen, there is no default border on control,
is there a way to fix this ?[/quote]

The only FC i found related to the messy colors on windows is this <https://xojo.com/issue/53234> with an interesting Workaround.

It is useless trying to find a workaround with styles, is the ide what is broken. Yes, It is a little hard to work with objects #FFFFFF on a backgroud #F7F7F7 (Not really white), so, you just need a good monitor with lot of contrast :stuck_out_tongue:

NOTE: Even if the IDE does NOT use the system colors, the background of the preview for web apps does (…) So, if you change your windows theme and have a pure white background, that is your problem, check that.

For the colors in general, I made a FC: <https://xojo.com/issue/53349>

Thank you Ivan.

So for the border style working on mac but not on windows since 2016r4 (the representation at design time using the IDE before running), a feedback case is needed.

With Xojo 2016r3 for windows the border style (solid, dotted or dashed) is painted at design time (IDE) but not after that version. Mac IDE works ok, showing the border style.

Done <https://xojo.com/issue/56439>

Thank you Ivan, but not exactly the same what I’m talking about.

Created <https://xojo.com/issue/56441>

Alberto and Ivan, i appreciate your help, i will try change
something on windows display resolution, but i don’t know if it will work.
If i discover anything that works i will let you know.

Thanks again
Mauricio

Mauricio, if your main problem is that the WebTextField color is too close to the default WebPage Background color, you can create a Web Style with darker gray Background color (or any other color), apply to the WebPage. Then you design your application.

If you don’t want the WebPage background color on your final web app, you can remove that before building.

For the missing Border style at design time, I don’t think there is a workaround.

Alberto, thanks for the tip.
I have tested ion my mac and it works perfectly,
the problem is only on windows
i hope next release this bug be fixed.
Mauricio

[quote=446095:@MAURICIO ALMEIDA]Alberto, thanks for the tip.
I have tested ion my mac and it works perfectly,
the problem is only on windows
i hope next release this bug be fixed.
Mauricio[/quote]
@MAURICIO ALMEIDA - What Scale Factor is your Windows machine set to?

My scale factor is 100% on windows machine.
Resolution 1440x900
Windows server 2016 and 2019
I’m connecting by rdp from my mac.