AntiAlias in Graphics Resize ?

I just tried to set Graphics.AntiAlias = True, and there is no difference at all.

I probably do not understand how to use it (or simply its use) !

I have a Xojo built window screen shot (running on Windows XP), that, once resized is… nearly unreadable. I only wanted to improve it instead firing Preview and make the resize there.

Ideas ?

PS: I have a licence for Xojo 2015r1 (so, no 2018r2), but I tried with the IDE / 2019r1.1 without improve…

AntiAlias has always been a mixed bag for me. For some operations it’s great and works well, for others it makes things look horrible.

I do, however, use Tomis Erwin’s ImagePlay Effects library for some image manipulation, and it works great in most things I’ve tried. I don’t think it’s been updated in a long time, so it might need a bit of love to get it working.

I get nice images with UseOldRenderer, but it is deprecated since the down of times :

([quote=445914:@Anthony Cyphers]For some operations it’s great and works well[/quote]
It depends on what you draw in the image you load and manipulate: for some, the result as is is good, for other it is auful :frowning:

And, as you noted, some knows well how to do it right !

If you’re stuck on 2015r1, using deprecated items won’t matter much anyway.

Thanks.