How to make elastic window in desktop Application

I am creating desktop application, i have created some windows but they are of specific height and width.
Now i want that windows to full screen (maximized) or can be adjustable.
So how i can do this, when i maximize the window controls are not adjusting according to window.
I have tried Rubbers View but it is not working for me, some controls gets overlap.
Does anyone know how to do this ?

Contact the maker of RubberViews - Michel Bujardet - and let him fix the problem.

I have tried to implement rubber views and similar several times over the years.
My experience has been dismal failure and I have now removed this feature completely.
Some Xojo controls just don’t resize ‘properly’, so you end up with a mix of big buttons and tiny popupmenus for example.

Placement of controls is another matter: the locks in the properties window usually work fine for me.

I did work quite a bit at making it as bullet proof as possible.

I am surprised to learn that controls overlap. That is typically the kind of thing lock mechanism can do, but not RubberViews, which maintains proportionality between controls and spaces.

Actually, I would love seeing with my own eyes this control overlap thing. And fix it, if necessary.

[quote=445052:@Jeff Tullin]I have tried to implement rubber views and similar several times over the years.
My experience has been dismal failure and I have now removed this feature completely.
Some Xojo controls just don’t resize ‘properly’, so you end up with a mix of big buttons and tiny popupmenus for example.

Placement of controls is another matter: the locks in the properties window usually work fine for me.[/quote]

There are limits to any technique. Controls lock can do if you do not have many controls on the window. Besides, a tad of work in the Resized even can do wonder to prevent notable hiccups of the locking mechanism.

But a complex layout will be difficult to manage. That is where a class that automates most of the work can be worthwhile.

As for “big buttons and tiny popupmenus”, it can indeed happen, but RubberViews was never intended to replace the software developer’s brain. If the amplitude of the window extension gets beyond certain limits, no resizing class can help. It requires a redesign.

Limits of the platform also make it impossible to expand controls size. That is particularly the case on the Mac platform.

Indeed. Thats what I ran into. Resizing of canvases and buttons worked fine.

???

Doesn’t this ‘Smith Clarkson’ looks like a spammer trying to spread viruses or something?

Well, that account was created 2 days ago (just after this thread started)… the only thread it has posted to is this one, and what was posted bears not relation to the topic of the conversation… So yeah… I think I will add “Smith Clarkson” to my ignore list, and not have to worry about his unrelated spam anymore…

Am I alone to noticed a relationship between “new kind of questions” and new posters here ?
(registered long time ago, but never posted before…)

Could some moderator delete these off topics spammy messages from a so called Smith Clarkson and kick him out ?