Win64; CEF version; update; HTMLviewer; debugger tools;

Hello!

At the moment I use electron to build the user interface (“viewer”) with web technics and Xojo as “client” (local server) with the great AloeExpress web server (using websockets).

I would like to use WebKit CEF in HTMLviewer but there are some “problems”.

First, globalThis is not known as CEF version in Xojo is not the current one.
Is there a release of current version from time to time?
I guess simply using downloads from CEF would not work.

I have not found a way to enable developer tools in CEF for Xojo; and unfortunately I don’t know what extra work has to be done here to enable this (don’t even know if the developer tools are inner part of chromium embedded framework).

Any hint or ideas here?

Of course, simply using chrome portable or electron would work; but Xojo with embedded windows and HTMLviewer would be nicer overall.

Thanks a lot in advance,
really apreciate any infos!

The CEF version in xojo is updated every few years only. So it’s never really current.

I think CEF version changed last time in Xojo version 2018r3 to revision 3359.

Please check our extensions to it here: https://monkeybreadsoftware.net/pluginpart-chromium.shtml

Cool… didn’t see it on MonkeyBread Software.

Will check and soon report.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, ShowDevTools does nothing on windows, I guess because of:

dim m as ChromiumBrowserMBS = HTMLViewer1.ChromiumBrowserMBS m.ShowDevTools

Notes: Only supported for Chromium 2.x, but not 3.x.

Will wait until this is implemented; having a MBS add-on for the native HTMLviewer is still great!

Ok, and it does not change the CEF version.

is updated every few years only

Anyway, thanks a lot for the info!

So I have to keep electron “the next few years”…

Well, you may still enjoy Xojo and make a feature request for an update of CEF engine.

You can also join our conference in Cologne and learn more about it. We do have training day there in German and English,