Gatekeeper Issues

1. 2 weeks ago

Garry P

Jul 9 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Torquay, UK)
    Edited 2 weeks ago

Hi,

I'm trying to use App Wrapper to code sign my simple free demo app so that uses don't get the "unknown developer" warning when trying to launch it. I have a Developer ID Application and Developer ID Installer certificate in Keychain Access. App Wrapper states that my code signature for Web distribution is "good". for App Store submission is says that both certs are missing (don't care - not putting the demo on the App Store).

When I tell App Wrapper to wrap the application I get the following failure message:

-image-

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I have spent hours trying to debug this. It's such a PITA as all I want to do is put this demo app on my own website.

2. Sam R

Jul 9 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan

Garry; You're the second person I know of that's run into this issue. From what I understand, you need to "Notarize" your application before your Developer ID account has been confirmed.

First please make sure that you're using 3.9.1 Beta 6 (307), it can be downloaded from https://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/appWrapper3update391Beta.dmg

I've added some code which should help with part of the process.

So when you get to this point again; then click on the "Notarize" button. If you haven't already you'll have to go through the hassle of entering your Apple developer e-mail address and creating an App-Specific-Password (there is some documentation on how to do this in the dialog).

In theory; once Apple have approved your Notarized application, your account should be unlocked and usable. However I must warn you, the other developer who faced this said his submission to Apple was rejected because it's from an Unnotarized Developer ID. I've yet to receive any offcial confirmation from Apple regarding what to do next.

3. last week

Garry P

Jul 10 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Torquay, UK)

Sorry for the delay in replying Sam - I had non-coding work I had to get done after I posted.

In short - it works! I used the beta, created an app-specific password and followed your steps and GateKeeper is now at peace with my app.

Thanks a lot mate.

or Sign Up to reply!