Xojo 2019-copy controls

I have a window that has 14 custom (canvas based controls)… it needs to have 31

So I duplicated 8 of them … this took almost a minute before the new controls appeared so I could move them into place.
I then went to duplicate 8 more. well it has been over 10 minutes, and still have the RainBow pizza

Unfortunately, the answer is “Yep”. We’re all seeing that type of slow down in 19r1 and 1.1. I love when I open a project and the first click in the code editor results in a 30 second rainbow pizza. It also doesn’t seem to matter how many you duplicate or copy/paste.

That delay in the code editor is the IDE trying to load the code reformat script.

while I like the fact that code lines are reformatted somewhat automatically now… perhaps an option to turn it off? or a "reformat everything now " button

because a 10 minute delay is totally unacceptable (and this is on a top end iMac, not a core-duo laptop)

same experience. I never do it again after.
:frowning:

On windows under coding there is an option to “apply code standardizing” which I’ve unchecked due to the script not meeting my standards.

However I have to say that duplicating controls in a control set is VERY slow. Even just duplicating a label (yes just one) seems to take forever (2s?)

And it’s not new to 2019 either.

And there’s me thinking this is slow, 10 minutes! What version of Xojo are you using?

[quote=444655:@Dave S]I have a window that has 14 custom (canvas based controls)… it needs to have 31

So I duplicated 8 of them … this took almost a minute before the new controls appeared so I could move them into place.
I then went to duplicate 8 more. well it has been over 10 minutes, and still have the RainBow pizza[/quote]

It would be interesting to try that project in the latest alpha, ya know, maybe help move the product forward rather than just picking holes in it?

Mayyyybe you should try the latest alpha nudge nudge :wink: :wink:

The first thing to do when getting such a wonderful outlier is to sample the Xojo process in Activity Viewer. How large is the app?