Please add to this thread if you have any useful tips for using Catalina with your Xojo projects.
Here are a few to get started:
- Quality: I find catalina (as of beta 3) to be very rough and would not recommend it for a production mac. A surpising amount of bugs considering apple has made this beta public. Recommend you use it on a separate mac for testing.
- Screen Sharing: My main mac is 10.14, and I wanted to remotely control my Catalina mac using Screen Sharing. However, the catalina mac doesn't show up in the finder in the "Locations" sidebar. However, if you click Finder/Locations/Network, then the catalina mac does show up, and you can double-click it, at which point you'll get the "Share Screen" button, which does work.
- Catlina release notes do exist: https://forum.xojo.com/54751-catalina-beta-3-release-notes
- There is an apple developer forum for Catalina, but it's not very popular: https://forums.developer.apple.com/community/beta/macos-1015-beta
- Catalina is requiring notarization for Apps & DMGs, but only those created after 1 June 2019. Also, this notarization requirement only applies to files that are quarrantined (e.g. files received via download, iMessage, as an email attachment, etc.) See https://forum.xojo.com/54329-dmg-notarising-and-future-macos