Sound and movies

So… I’ve been trying for 2 days to play a sound in Stretch and Buster… it just doesn’t work at all… any format.

I import a MP3 song in my project, compile for Arm 32 bit, and play it with Song.Play in a button… no sound…

GStreamer 1.0 (and tools) is installed.

I can play songs with VLC, Youtube etc… but not from a Xojo app.

Please, what am I doing wrong? (the same app works on Mac/Win no problem)

Please create a Feedback case and add a small sample project that demonstrates the issue.

I have an issue, where Xojo just won’t play live audio streams on the Pi (also fails on macOS too), they don’t know apparently and been told to asks on the forum if anyone has found a way to play a audio stream (AAC or MP3). Again works fine on VLC on the pi. documentation is a bit all over the place, so not easy to work out what commands you should use and how, and which are now valid or not.

Ive seen this page https://documentation.xojo.com/api/user_interface/movie.html#movie-openURL but whilst it says the method only works on windows and macOS, it then says New in 2019r2 and available for all project types, then futher down a line that says OpenURLMovie is not supported on Linux. Im so confused about what its works on.

Movie is for playing movies and some audio files on desktop (Mac/Win).

For live audio streams, have you tried using an HTMLViewer and sending it the direct URL to the audio stream?

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? I have almost exactly the same problem. My app loads up mp3 files, but trying to play them with sound.play results in nothing coming out. I am trying to use a hifiberry card on the Pi, but that works fine with mplayer. My current workaround is to drive mplayer with the Xojo program, it works but is not ideal. BTW I am using 2019R3.2 on a Mac and the app works well on the Mac. Thanks for any ideas.

It’s not resolved in 2019… versions atleast.

• sound class doesnt work on RPI.

I’ve used omxplayer by a shell to play video and or music/sound. Works perfectly

So this example, provided by XoJo to make an MP3 player on RPI doesn’t work??? It was authored in 2017!

https://blog.xojo.com/2017/05/11/raspberry-pi-music-player/

I built this code, and it works fine on the mac, but no audio on the RPI (running via remote debugger). Is there a work-around? Please provide details as I am not well versed in the Linux/pi world.

Thanks,

Matt