How to stop a standalone web app

The Quit command does not appear to work in a standalone web app. I have used a time that looks for a file every five seconds and stops a cgi app when the files is deleted or named. It does not appear to work in a web app. The timer action code below executes over and over again without stopping the app. I have run this in Windows debugger and compiled on a Raspberry Pi. Is there something else I need to do to stop the app?

Sub Action() Handles Action dim f as FolderItem = GetFolderItem("") #if DebugBuild f = f.Parent #Endif f = GetFolderItem(f.NativePath + "read.me") if not f.Exists or f = nil Then Quit end if End Sub

ExitMBS 0 // Force quiting the entire webapp // Xojo Quit doesn't work here // https://monkeybreadsoftware.net/system-exit-method.shtml

[quote=443938:@Dean Davidge]The Quit command does not appear to work in a standalone web app. I have used a time that looks for a file every five seconds and stops a cgi app when the files is deleted or named. It does not appear to work in a web app. The timer action code below executes over and over again without stopping the app. I have run this in Windows debugger and compiled on a Raspberry Pi. Is there something else I need to do to stop the app?

Sub Action() Handles Action dim f as FolderItem = GetFolderItem("") #if DebugBuild f = f.Parent #Endif f = GetFolderItem(f.NativePath + "read.me") if not f.Exists or f = nil Then Quit end if End Sub [/quote]
I’d love a reproducible bug report on that so we can get it fixed.

But for now, ExitMBS does the job.

The problem with that is there’s cleanup work that Quit is supposed to do. ExitMBS just kills the app