MAS: Incomplete Document Type Configuration

I have updated my application with more features. No changes for any file type in the application. After transfer the application to MAS, I got this message:

WARNING ITMS-90788: “Incomplete Document Type Configuration. The CFBundleDocumentTypes dictionary array in the de.pps4me.AcanaLicenseManager Info.plist should contain an LSHandlerRank value for the CFBundleTypeName ‘$documentTypeName’ entry. Refer to https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/CoreFoundationKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009249-SW1 for more information on the LSHandlerRank key.”

How can I add this value into “Info.plist” in section “Document types/Item 0 (special any)”?

I highly doubt that any app does this LSHandlerRank.

You should be able to add this with the defaults command after building and before signing.

From El Capitan’s TextEdit (plist):

<dict> <key>CFBundleTypeName</key> <string>Microsoft Word 2007 document</string> <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key> <string>Editor</string> <key>LSHandlerRank</key> <string>Alternate</string> <key>LSItemContentTypes</key> <array> <string>org.openxmlformats.wordprocessingml.document</string> </array> <key>NSDocumentClass</key> <string>Document</string> <key>NSUbiquitousDocumentUserActivityType</key> <string>com.apple.TextEdit.editing</string> </dict> <dict> <key>CFBundleTypeName</key> <string>Microsoft Word 2003 XML document</string> <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key> <string>Editor</string> <key>LSHandlerRank</key> <string>Alternate</string> <key>LSItemContentTypes</key> <array> <string>com.microsoft.word.wordml</string> </array> <key>NSDocumentClass</key> <string>Document</string> <key>NSUbiquitousDocumentUserActivityType</key> <string>com.apple.TextEdit.editing</string> </dict> <dict> <key>CFBundleTypeName</key> <string>Microsoft Word 97 document</string> <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key> <string>Editor</string> <key>LSHandlerRank</key> <string>Alternate</string> <key>LSItemContentTypes</key> <array> <string>com.microsoft.word.doc</string> </array> <key>NSDocumentClass</key> <string>Document</string> <key>NSUbiquitousDocumentUserActivityType</key> <string>com.apple.TextEdit.editing</string> </dict>

lol… I’ve just posted an update to App Wrapper to handle this.
https://forum.xojo.com/54657-mac-app-store-missing-lshandlerrank

Great work Sam, however this flag should be set within the Xojo IDE in some way

I absolutely agree; I had created a feedback report for it (on phone can’t lookup number).

btw: I also got this when I submitted to the App Store this weekend, hence why I added it; which also meant I could easily test it :slight_smile:

http://feedback.xojo.com/case/56242

Setting in the the macOS file types dialog where you also specify the role might make sense

<https://xojo.com/issue/56245>

@Sam Rowlands: I’m still getting “unidentified developer” on Catalina.

[quote]spctl -a -t open --context context:primary-signature -v /Users/beatrixwillius/Downloads/appWrapper3update391Beta.dmg
/Users/beatrixwillius/Downloads/appWrapper3update391Beta.dmg: rejected
source=no usable signature[/quote]

Warning: contains criticism of Apple, if you’re offended by this, please turn away now.

Some things:

1. Try “spctl -a -v -t install ”.
  2. Look in console for “CoreServicesUI” & “syspolicyd” and tell me if you see “assertion failure” or something similar.
  3. Look for “XProtect” in the console, you may notice that “analysis results” are . Potentially useful data that might help solve the problem, is hidden from us, for our own security.

I have given up trying to get Catalina Public Beta to accept a Notarized DMG file. I have concluded it’s one of the follow.

• I’m doing something that’s wrong (but been tolerated in the past); I’ve read all the documentation I can lay my mits on, referring to Code Signing & Notarization, if there is, I don’t see it.
  • The process has changed and documentation not updated; which is highly likely.
  • It’s a beta, so it’s just broken; another likely candidate.
  • It’s intentional; scary thought, but it wouldn’t surprise me.