Spurious Dialog Box - No Details In It

I am converting a desktop app to web and trialing mbs libxl to edit and amend templated excel workbooks which are then downloaded. All working fine to a degree, all use a similar method to download the file. Two out of three work perfectly, the third always throws up a spurious dialog box whick I have to ‘Okay’. This is then followed by another dialog box which I have to tick to ‘prevent page creating further dialog boxes etc.’ and then the workbook downloads. I have attached a short video (webm format) to show what I mean.

Example Video

I cannot see what is throwing up the box, there appears to be nothing in the debugger to ‘catch’ or show where it has come from. All three ‘download’ methods are the same (different webfile properties on the page for each excel file - not that this is required), but the one causing these extra popups is below. I makes no difference if its the first, or 3rd file opened always the same. After the ‘prevent further popups is ticked’ later downloads work fine. I have tried different browsers with same result, I am using Firefox predominantly.

Category is fine
Export is fine
Annual is the problem

if book.Save(file) then
  //not sure if this mime type required but seems reasonable
  annual.MimeType = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"
  annual.ForceDownload = True
  annual = WebFile.Open(file) 
  ShowURL(annual.URL)
  'tempfile.delete
else
  MsgBox "Failed to create file."+EndOfLine+EndOfLine+book.ErrorMessage
end if

I think is a browser thing. Usually that happens when you ask the browser to download several times from the same page.

I have seen it on my mac, but the dialog is not blank, I recall that it say something like “page X is sending a file, do you want to download it?”

Can you try other browser to see if you get the same blank dialog box?

Albertoo, it even happens if its the only thing i download on the page. The other two files never throw this up even if i do five or six after each other. It is bizarre.

It’s your MsgBox. The problem is most likely with the EndOfLines. Please note that Msgbox on web doesn’t have a concept of primary and secondary info which is what those endoflines would be separating.

Try taking them out and see what happens.

The msgbox never gets called Greg but I took it out and tried again with the same result. The code is the same as in the other two button control action events and they both work fine and don’t display the spurious msgbox. I cannot set any breakpoints anywhere to catch it either which is frustrating, and clearly viewing the source with Firefox dev controls gives me no clues.