Apple on AppStore

Doesn’t this read like a terrible joke: https://www.apple.com/ios/app-store/principles-practices/

We created the App Store with two goals in mind: that it be a safe and trusted place for customers to discover and download apps, and a great business opportunity for all developers.
We take responsibility for ensuring that apps are held to a high standard for privacy, security, and content because nothing is more important than maintaining the trust of our users.

40% rejected
The most common reason for rejection is minor bugs, followed by privacy concerns.

[quote=442426:@Beatrix Willius]
40% rejected
The most common reason for rejection is minor bugs, followed by privacy concerns.[/quote]

A 40% failure rate when developers are supposed to be highly motivated to do something, does not sound like much of a joke. Seems like a lot are just chancing their arm.

Opportunities for bad doers ?

How many applications are submitted each week ?

Those 40% fix the issue and submit again…

That’s if you can figure out the problem and fix it; https://forum.xojo.com/54521-app-store-rejection-need-help-before-i-lodge-a-formal-complaint

There is even better on the Windows Store : I can’t upload anymore because their UI falls into error, and nobody seems to care !

He’s awaiting a bribe ?

Oh and you may want to read this https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/21/app-review-phil-schiller/

And probably multiple times.

Back in the 80s when I qualified as an accountant, the pass rate of all the major accounting bodies was reported to be around 30%, which was very off putting for anyone thinking of joining the profession. So someone did an analysis of the failing 70% and found that the majority were a bunch of chancers - some did no study, others did not attend the course and some did not even own a copy of the course material! When all these were excluded, it turned out the pass rate was more like 80%. I expect it’s the same with these numbers.

James is correct: the number have no meaning unless an explanation is added.

Just like some stupid sue Apple for App Store 30% margin. They “forget” about… the provided service have a cost and if someone else do the save job, these s-Ï?Ì?ƒ-d people have to pay to them too. And I do not talk about server I/O nor risks. Of course, IMHO.

Source: Apptopia

Thanks Jeremy.

On these numbers, an error here and there is awaited (or possible) :frowning:

LOL, not really, one time I sent an app 4 times, rejected because apple said maybe I was charging for the app outside the store, and it was the exact same app, just adding more and more explanatios, trying to convice apple that it was a free app

Employees have a few minutes to reviw an app, if they dont understand something, they just reject it. And it is a painfully slow process to explain them something.

I literally changed the bug version (the third number) for a previously rejected app and it was accepted.

There is no rhyme or reason behind their processes.

[quote=442588:@Tim Jones]I literally changed the bug version (the third number) for a previously rejected app and it was accepted.

There is no rhyme or reason behind their processes.[/quote]
Sounds like it’s worth me trying this.