Build Folder

Windows Desktop / 2019r1.1

I have some external files that live along side the application files. When I “build” it wipes out the entire build folder, including my external files. I have to copy those over every time. Is this something new? I don’t remember having to do that every time I would build the application.

Is there a way to not reconstruct the build folder every time it builds and to only replace the necessary files generated by the build process, leaving existing files in place? I like the idea of a build folder; everything for my app is in there. I just wish it didn’t delete everything.

Thanks.

This is where you use a postbuild copy file step and the IDE just does it for you every time

No

[quote=441945:@Joseph Evert]
Is there a way to not reconstruct the build folder every time it builds and to only replace the necessary files generated by the build process[/quote]
No
Mostly because the IDE, which creates that dir, just tells the compiler to put the results of what it builds in that dir
And has no idea if what the compiler builds is a single file, directory full of stuff or some other organization
In order to “not wipe everything else out” the IDE would have ot track everything the compiler builds (which is a long list of files in some cases)