XOJO.CONNECT 2020

A vote is a nice start already. Thank you.

A quick check about the flight cost, business from FRA and LONDON
Due it is too early for this dates, i just choosed a 10 days flight from Oct. 25th to Nov 3rd just to check prices.

Boston, MA
FRA 1 Stopp 1769 EUR
LON-LGW 1 Stopp 1027 EUR

Nashville, TN
FRA 1 Stopp 2995 EUR
LON-LHR 1 Stopp 2513 EUR

San Antonio, TX
FRA 1 Stopp 2611 EUR
LON-LHR 1 Stopp 3242 EUR

Upps, only ONE choice left.
Guess why ?

Coming from Europe, Boston will be the clear winner for sure. For me (coming from the Western half of the US) travel to San Antonio is cheapest and shortest. I’ve never been to Boston, though… would be a cool place to visit!

Ah, those are business class prices.

For comparison, economy (same dates)

Boston, MA
FRA $501 (1 stop)
LON-LGW $386 (Nonstop)

Nashville, TN
FRA $640 (1 stop)
LON-LHR $598 (Nonstop)

San Antonio, TX
FRA 1 $1,029 (1 stop)
LON-LHR $840 (1 stop)

To be fair, Boston IS a great place though.

I agree… Kem is a HUGE Red Sox’s fan :slight_smile:

Everyone has those bits of their lives they regret :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s wrong with the Sox? I’m not native but some of my relative were, and i was in the area for summer of 67 (I liked Yaz!) and in college in 75 … I could literally hear cheering from Fenway from outside my dorm (it was within realizable walking distance) during the World Series that year!

I’ve lived here since college,

BTW If XDC happens next year and is in Boston (i would not go if it is elsewhere), although it might be awkward, I hope you can make it… Seems like I have seen you around forever between the NUG and here! (well at least 18 years :wink: )

• Karen

Note the :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=435422:@Karen Atkocius]What’s wrong with the Sox? I’m not native but some of my relative were, and i was in the area for summer of 67 (I liked Yaz!) and in college in 75 … I could literally hear cheering from Fenway from outside my dorm (it was within realizable walking distance) during the World Series that year!
[/quote]
My wife and I had a few beers in Loretta’s bar a few weeks ago, which is right opposite Fenway, it’s a southern style place, lots of fun.

If Boston, I’m going to urge Dana to schedule around a Sox-Yankees series.

If the Bruins do well again next year it could even be a Bruins playoff game

THAT would be awesome !

I live in greater Boston. How could I not go?

it’s unbelievable, but any comment is pointless anyway

You can all join the 2019 conference in Cologne :slight_smile:

Cologne Airport has direct connections to over 30 countries.

Hotel booked.
Please everyone else, don’t forget to reserve your hotel room early!

Thanks Christian - early booking is always appreciated!

Just booked the conference, the room, and my flights. Ready to go (and present)!

Just got 3 more XOJO.CONNECT registrations this morning from Canada! Don’t forget to sign up early to save $200!

Also call for speakers runs through this Sunday!

We booked the airplane tickets for two.
And as we have to switch planes anyway, we add extra days in New York. :slight_smile:
(it doesn’t even cost more)

[quote=452093:@Dana Brown]Just got 3 more XOJO.CONNECT registrations this morning from Canada! Don’t forget to sign up early to save $200!
[/quote]

I want to! But until I know what my teaching schedule is for next spring (when is spring break?!?), I can’t commit. Gnashing teeth…:frowning: