Weird error in the console.

I’m seeing a console message about my latest application, where it states that “pffft” is not a valid UTI. Only thing is, I’m can’t find anywhere in my project where I’m using “pffft” as a UTI, although it sounds totally possible to me that at some point I did!

Anyone else seen this, know of a thorough way to check the code?

[quote=435278:@Sam Rowlands]I’m seeing a console message about my latest application, where it states that “pffft” is not a valid UTI. Only thing is, I’m can’t find anywhere in my project where I’m using “pffft” as a UTI, although it sounds totally possible to me that at some point I did!

Anyone else seen this, know of a thorough way to check the code?[/quote]

open a terminal session (using your terminal of choice).

cd /path/to/xojo/project
find . -iname \\*.xojo_code -o -iname \\*.xojo_project -exec grep -h pffft {} \\;
<output of the grep command looking for "pffft" on each .xojo_code and .xojo_project files>

that is off the top of my head so the syntax might be off by a hair but should be correct.

if the find command doesnt output anything that means it is not in your code.

Thanks Scott; your code found it! Hurrah!

It’s in a section of code of a function that never actually gets called; but somehow that identifier must be registered with the OS and the OS, goes “pffft, invalid UTI”!

I must have done something wrong earlier when I was looking for it. Thanks for helping me track it down.

[quote=435285:@Sam Rowlands]Thanks Scott; your code found it! Hurrah!

It’s in a section of code of a function that never actually gets called; but somehow that identifier must be registered with the OS and the OS, goes “pffft, invalid UTI”!

I must have done something wrong earlier when I was looking for it. Thanks for helping me track it down.[/quote]

glad to help.