Suppress iOSTable row insertion animation

Xojo 2018 r2 added animation to inserting and removing iOSTable rows. Has anyone worked out how to suppress that animation?

It should only animate if you are inserting or removing a row. If you refresh the data source, it should not happen.

Thanks, Greg. I usually use a data source for my iOSTables, but in this case I’ve got one that doesn’t use a data source so I’m inserting rows with my own code.

I’m currently assuming that the answer is “there’s no way to suppress the animation other than using a data source”.

[quote=435097:@Tom Catchesides]Thanks, Greg. I usually use a data source for my iOSTables, but in this case I’ve got one that doesn’t use a data source so I’m inserting rows with my own code.

I’m currently assuming that the answer is “there’s no way to suppress the animation other than using a data source”.[/quote]
Not necessarily. If you remove all rows first and re-add them, does it still animate?

Yes. If I do RemoveAll followed by a series of AddSection and AddRow calls, the cells animate as they’re added.

Hm. I’m sure we planned a way to do this… I just can’t remember off the top of my head.

Actually it animates even using a data source if you need to reload the data source for any reason (such as some data has changed) so it would be good to have a way to switch this off when you just want a quick change.

I believe there is still no way to turn off the animation when all items are removed and added to a table, right?

Would there be any other way to update information in existing iOSTableCells which were added to the table using AddRows?

[code]//Stop animations
Declare Function NSClassFromString Lib “Foundation.framework” (className As CFStringRef) As Ptr
Declare sub setAnimationsEnabled lib “UIKit.framework” selector “setAnimationsEnabled:” (obj as ptr, value as boolean)
setAnimationsEnabled(NSClassFromString(“UIView”), False)

//Do something in the table

//Allow animations
setAnimationsEnabled(NSClassFromString(“UIView”), True)
[/code]

Awesome, works like a charm! Thank you!

[quote=488046:@Jeremie Leroy][code]//Stop animations
Declare Function NSClassFromString Lib “Foundation.framework” (className As CFStringRef) As Ptr
Declare sub setAnimationsEnabled lib “UIKit.framework” selector “setAnimationsEnabled:” (obj as ptr, value as boolean)
setAnimationsEnabled(NSClassFromString(“UIView”), False)

//Do something in the table

//Allow animations
setAnimationsEnabled(NSClassFromString(“UIView”), True)
[/code][/quote]

When do you get a job entry @Xojo?

No need for a job, I’m thrilled being my own boss for the past three years :wink:

If there was a single repository for all the ios stuff it would be more managable to having more ios features. Wouldn’t it be an idea to push the changes to ioskit for example?