Xcode 10.2 and Xojo 2018 Release 4

Has anyone tried Xcode 10.2 with Xojo 2018 Release 4?

Update: It seems that Xojo can’t “see” any iOS Simulator devices when you upgrade to Xcode 10.2. I am downgrading to Xcode 10.1.

related topic. 10.2 was released today… but I can’t download it… If I go to the AppStore and search for Xcode10.2 I find it, but it says “open” not “download” or “install”… and when I do, it runs my current 10.1 version. Somehow it thinks I must have 10.2 already installed? How can I force it to update properly?

From El Capitan, it says:

Xcode ne peut pas tre install sur Macintosh HD car OSX 10.14.3 ou ultrieur y est requis

in other words, it says you have to run OS X 10.14.3 or later to be able to install XCode (version of XCode not said).

Hi @Dave S

I don’t remember very well from the top of my mind… but I think there is still a command from Terminal you can use to select the Xcode toolchain / IDE you want to use: maybe “sudo xcode-select --switch”… if never changed

@Jason Tait maybe you need to reinstall the Xcode tools in order the emulators can be seen from Xojo?

Javier

got the same problem as Jason - after reinstalling Xcode 10.1 XOJO still doesn’t find find a Simulator Device for iOS Debugging?!

After reinstalling Xcode 10.1, firstly make sure you actually launch Xcode again and, secondly, make sure you go to Xcode Preferences > Locations and check that Xcode 10.1 is selected for Command Line Tools.

Hello Gavin,

I checked Xcode Prefercences > Location - XCode 10.1 is selecte correctly.
I still get the message: “Trying to run an iOS project with no iOS devices congigured”.
Any suggestions - I’ve tried several things but didn’t succeed :frowning:

Configuring a simulator in Xcode 10.1’s Simulator should fix it

[quote=430454:@Javier Menéndez]Hi @Dave S

I don’t remember very well from the top of my mind… but I think there is still a command from Terminal you can use to select the Xcode toolchain / IDE you want to use: maybe “sudo xcode-select --switch”… if never changed

@Jason Tait maybe you need to reinstall the Xcode tools in order the emulators can be seen from Xojo?

Javier[/quote]
Strange… this morning it was shown as an active update for my system… so all if good

Hmm … a little “hello world” swift app works (Simulator works like expected).
So the communication between XCODE and Simulator seems to be o.K.
In XOHO iOS > iOS Debugging > Simulator Device still no device selectable …
Grateful for good advice :slight_smile:

And the cmd line tools for 10.2 are set to run 10.2 cmd lines tools ?
I havent installed 10.2 yet so …

Norman, I reinstalled 10.1 after having this specific problem with 10.2.
By the way, where do I find the setup for the cmd lines tool, you mentioned.

In Xcode > Preferences > Locations > Command Line Tools

Having the same issues here, anyone has a fast fix for this ?

Norman thanx - yes cmd line tools is set correctly.
Seems, that this is not the problem.

This won’t seem to help:
https://medium.com/@hacknicity/working-with-multiple-versions-of-xcode-e331c01aa6bc

lord knows what Apple changed

if you open terminal and do

xcrun simctl list

do you get anything listed ?
this is just one cmd line tool apple installs that lets you exercise come control over the simulator
but if nothing is listed thats a problem

About 100 simulator names

And more of such… so my ios-10.0 simulators seem to be gone…?