Shared Database

Hi everyone,
I don’t know all the capacity of Xojo
Is it possible to connect two desktop apps ( Base on different town ) to a simple database on my own web space.
Not webapp… not xojo cloud… only my web space
I don’t ask for code… just is it possible and how ( principal xojo tool )
Maybe my question make no sense… i just search to share DB with two desktop app… at minimum cost… ( Desktop xojo )
Thanks

install a postgres database server on your web space, and xojo can connect to it from anywhere in the world.
install as many databases as you want like this and xojo can connect to any of them from anywhere in the world.

[quote=428122:@Denis Despres]Hi everyone,
I don’t know all the capacity of Xojo
Is it possible to connect two desktop apps ( Base on different town ) to a simple database on my own web space.
Not webapp… not xojo cloud… only my web space
I don’t ask for code… just is it possible and how ( principal xojo tool )
Maybe my question make no sense… i just search to share DB with two desktop app… at minimum cost… ( Desktop xojo )
Thanks[/quote]

If you mean a database FILE - like a sqlite database - no.
Plus this is not a good idea.

If you mean something like PostgreSQL, mysSQL, or some other database server then yes.
I’d make sure you use SSL at the very least but would actually suggest not exposing your database directly to the internet
Hackers find them - they always do
And then you have major problems

If it is just a “normal” webspace, there would be a hosted DB-Server from your provider where you are able to use one ore more DBs on it. But you didn’t have a self hosted DB-Server. Normally (and that is absolutely correct) these DB-servers are only accessible from the webspace-host. So you can’t connect to that db from your xojo-desktop-app.
And you don’t want to connect to a db-server through the internet, because of security reasons and so on.
What you easily could do, is to write an API. If Xojo-Apps are running on your webspace you could do that with xojo, or you could use php, perl etc.
Whese-API-Script / -Program connects to the DB and send Json or XML to your Xojo-Clients (and they are sending data to the script / programm). This way you could even use sqlite as a filebased db.

Another way is to use a “cloud db” like firebase. That has nothing to do with your webspace. It is just a way to store and read data in the cloud. I think chilkat has a xojo-plugin for firebase

Thank you
Now i know that is a security issue more than a capacity of Xojo
I’ll check the db infrastructure that i’v access to choose the path