Web app fails in debugger

I used the remote debugger to run a desktop app on my Raspberry Pi and it worked fine. When I try to run a web app, it starts then quickly stops. I know it started because it created the SQLite database file the app uses. I compiled the app and uploaded it to the pi and it runs fine if I preface the command with sudo. Otherwise it does the same thing the debugger does, starts then stops. When I tried to run the DebugMyApp from the terminal, it said it could not connect back to Xojo and would not run.

I need the get the debugger running because the program reads a meter through an Ethernet/serial adapter and feel it would be difficult to troubleshoot with only log file entries. The app reads the meter perfectly when running under Windows.

I don‘t do much with Xojo Web. So just two guesses:

• the port you‘re using might need high privileges? What would happen with a different port (e.g. 10800)?
  • you could also run the Remote Debugger with sudo. That way the Debug.app would run with those privileges, too.

[quote=427764:@Dean Davidge]I used the remote debugger to run a desktop app on my Raspberry Pi and it worked fine. When I try to run a web app, it starts then quickly stops. I know it started because it created the SQLite database file the app uses. I compiled the app and uploaded it to the pi and it runs fine if I preface the command with sudo. Otherwise it does the same thing the debugger does, starts then stops. When I tried to run the DebugMyApp from the terminal, it said it could not connect back to Xojo and would not run.

I need the get the debugger running because the program reads a meter through an Ethernet/serial adapter and feel it would be difficult to troubleshoot with only log file entries. The app reads the meter perfectly when running under Windows.[/quote]
If you build the app for pi and run it, does it run and stay open?

Xojo is running on Windows and I don’t know how to start the remote debugger with sudo. Can I start the remote debugger from the Pi?

[quote]If you build the app for pi and run it, does it run and stay open?[/quote]It only stays open if I start it with sudo.

He means “launch the debugger stub with sudo”.

I’m not sure what is different now, but the app now runs without sudo. However, it ignores all the breakpoints I set. To see if it was my program, I started the ListboxExample, changed it to ARM32Bit, set a breakpoint on the AddUpdateButton and ran it with the remote debugger. The breakpoint was ignored. Then I fired up an old Mac Mini and tried the same thing. It works on the Mac but not on Windows. Turning off the Windows firewall did not help.

Hi Dean,
I’ve just tried this on my Windows 10 Pro machine using Xojo2018r4 to remote debug a web app on a Raspberry Pi. Worked for me using both the Desktop and Console remote debugger stubs.

If this is still an issue for you could you create a Feedback case?
Include the sample project you are using.

Breakpoints seem to be broken at some extend. If you “pause” xojo then 9/10 (if not all) breakpoints set after that won’t work. Not only with remote debugging, but also with local debugging.

The problem could be maybe that the previous debugbuild is still there and the new one is not being overwritten?