How do I install Xojo on Linux Deepin OS 15.9.1?

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Brazil! i have just finished downloading Xojo for Linux and hit a roadblock: there are NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS anywhere! I’ve searched the web extensively and found no help on this issue. I am running Deepin OS 15.9.1 (latest version as of March 10th 2019). Any ideas? I really appreciate your kind attention, time and help. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

JC.

hi, i don’t think Deepin OS is not cater for

check this url for the various linux version that is cater for

https://documentation.xojo.com/resources/system_requirements_for_current_version.html

HI Julio,

Please use the tarball and install it manually into /opt/xojo/

You can also follow these steps to make sure that you have everything.

https://forum.xojo.com/52647-prep-fedora-centos-suse-for-xojo-use

It turns out that all you need to add is libunwind:

sudo apt install libunwind8

And the .desktop file linked above.

Working fine here.

What Window Manager does Deepin use ?
There have been some surprising issues with a handful of them

Here’s one of our more complex Xojo-built apps running (built with 18r4):

[quote=427926:@Norman Palardy]What Window Manager does Deepin use ?
[/quote]
It’s a custom DM with liberal “borrowings” from macOS’ design of Finder and Dock (they even call the file manager “Finder”.

I hadn’t given Deepin much attention since it’s a heavily Chinese focussed distro, but the current English release (15.9.1) is pretty good.

Wow that really is macOS flavoured

I’ve been reading a lot of “Chicken Little” blog posts about a specific call-home link that “appears” to share your user information (nothing private) with a data collection site. I’ve set up a proxy monitor, but my copy has only called out when I downloaded something or visited a site.

?

There is a big brouhaha that got kicked off by an unfriendly party to the Deepin developer that shouted that Deepin connects with a data mining organization and shares your basic system and user information.

He went so far as to label Deepin as Spyware.

AH … wasnt sure how that comment related to everything prior