CUBE / SQLite Online Backup

So, I created a console app, that will create a backup of my CubeSQL DB every 60 minutes and move it to a special folder.

Until there, everything fine.

Now I want to get that backup online asap fro free. So I tried dropbox but dropbox does not work on servers (need to have at least on profile running all the time) so I need a backup tool that works as a service and can backup as frequently as 60 minutes.

I tried Idrive but Idrive will Start the backup within 15 minutes of the changes made to the backup set (files). That adds 15 minutes of latency to the backup which I don’t want.

I tried Idrive’s Folder Sync, but then everybody will see everything I drop in that folder (meaning every cliente will see other client’s backups)

Ideas ? Is this possible ? Am I dreaming ?

BTW. I dont mean to do this to allow concurrent access to the DB, Just as a mean to have a recent backup of the DB in case fo a computer crash or blackout or emergencies…

I would have a script/program that finds the new backup files, then sends them via Amazon S3 API calls (REST API) to Amazon’s storage, either S3 or Glacier. S3 is more expensive but is more responsive. If you want I can get give more details on this. The file will be off-site and depending on the protection scheme you pick for your “bucket” of storage, it can be extremely highly redudant/safe. then IF you ever need to down load it, no matter where to, you just use the S3 API to recall the particular file you want.

I have CubeSQL on ServerWarp automatically create a nightly backup to an accessible area of the server ie an on-server backup.

I also have a Xojo app called On Site Backup that can download the files from this directory via SFTP. I also have Mountain Duck mount the ServerWarp directory so On Site Backup can backup as a mapped drive.

Regarding Amazon S3, the default is that your files are stored on their fast servers and in 3 locations, meaning increased cost. I have a rule set on S3 to move my files to IA Infrequent Access after 30 days of storage and store the files in one location only. I have about 30 GB of files that are not accessed a lot, and my bill last month was $US1.00, down from about $17 per month before I made the IA changes. I also have the S3 bucket mounted via Mountain Duck on my server for nightly backups.

Alright guys, thanks for your replies.
I actually don’t need an everyday (every time different) backup of the data. I don’t need to keep old data available. The console app I made just creates one backup every hour, and (opposed to how cubesql admin works) it doesn’t timestamp it in the name. So I have a LatestDBBackup that is unique and every hour gets renewed.
What I need is to have it on line, since I might need it in case of an emergency and I might need to upload it to an emergency (paid) server.
I thought this might be achieved for free. But as I said Dropbox does not work as a service in a server envoirement.

[quote=427517:@Roman Varas]Alright guys, thanks for your replies.
I actually don’t need an everyday (every time different) backup of the data. I don’t need to keep old data available. The console app I made just creates one backup every hour, and (opposed to how cubesql admin works) it doesn’t timestamp it in the name. So I have a LatestDBBackup that is unique and every hour gets renewed.
What I need is to have it on line, since I might need it in case of an emergency and I might need to upload it to an emergency (paid) server.
I thought this might be achieved for free. But as I said Dropbox does not work as a service in a server envoirement.[/quote]

you can keep moving the newest version of the file on top of the old version in S3 keeping your bill low. I keep saying S3 but it could be any of their competitors like Azure Storage (cant think of their name) or DigitalOcean Spaces. It isnt FREE but way cheap.

Services like DropBox, or OneDrive requires a user as these are User Services and not Computer Services