XDC starts in 56 days!

Who’s excited?! What are you most looking forward to at XDC? Which sessions?

(There’s still time to register to join in on the fun!)

Me! I’m excited. Can’t wait to see all my friends again and meet some new friends.

Bob,

Actually, if you have some time, I would love to pick your brain on Shorts while we are at XDC. I know you have videos on how to interact with shorts, its just different level on understanding when in person :slight_smile:

I am still using one of the first releases of shorts and need to change my thinking with the latest version of shorts.

Looking forward to see you all in Miami. :slight_smile:

If someone likes to get something brought along, please let me know.
Like some chocolate which is not sold in US, but in Europe…

[quote=427108:@Rich Hatfield]Actually, if you have some time, I would love to pick your brain on Shorts while we are at XDC. I know you have videos on how to interact with shorts, its just different level on understanding when in person :slight_smile:

I am still using one of the first releases of shorts and need to change my thinking with the latest version of shorts.[/quote]
Of course! Looking forward to it. Grab me on a break and we can sit down and talk about the best way to upgrade.

XDC is my favorite thing we do each year. This forum is great but seeing ya’ll in person is so much better. Those of you that haven’t been to one of our conferences, you should really consider coming this year. It’s in a great location, the sessions are going to be terrific and there’s a lot of value in meeting and forming relationships with others in the community.

[quote=427113:@Christian Schmitz]Looking forward to see you all in Miami. :slight_smile:

If someone likes to get something brought along, please let me know.
Like some chocolate which is not sold in US, but in Europe…[/quote]

if you can bring Kinder Surprise egg, my kids would think I am super man :slight_smile:

My kids were just trying to get me to buy them this weekend at Academy. They had a whole display FWIW.

I think my next challenge is, if I can bring the Surprise eggs home and they consume them all and ask for more… I will have to break the news that they will have to wait a whole year until the next XDC rolls around for me to get more :slight_smile:

this is the family reunion that I actually like to go to and really enjoy. Yes! yall are my chosen family.

–sb

@Geoff Perlman this is one of my favorite trips/events of the year. And I tend to do lots of conferences/events for work and none of them have the warth and “family feeling” this one does. Cant wait to see you and all the Xojo Family there.

Alright,

who is going to volunteer to send me a postcard? :smiley:

We have them in Canada too. You can be searched at the border for them. Happened to a friend of mine when entering the US.

Please don’t bring Kinder Surprise to the USA, that candy is banned and you could get in trouble.

You can buy the ‘legal’ candy called Kinder Joy in the USA.

[quote=427156:@Alberto De Poo]Please don’t bring Kinder Surprise to the USA, that candy is banned and you could get in trouble.

You can buy the ‘legal’ candy called Kinder Joy in the USA.[/quote]

Well to be fair, Christian did offer to bring items that you can’t buy in the US (such as chocolate)… I simply asked :slight_smile:

To move the conversation forward (Surprise Eggs or not), I can’t wait to attend this year as it is my first time ever going :slight_smile:

I agree with Geoff with regards to the interaction being different in person vs. on an online forum. I am eager to meeting people, I have interacted with for the past ten years, for the first time face to face.

so we have to wait 56 days for 2019 R1 ?

Releases are not tied to the show. There’s just too much activity and sometimes last minute schedule changes to make that practical.