In the last couple of xojo versions they have done a lot of work improving the speed of the autocorrect and typing response, but there are definitely still situations that I get into where things become so sluggish that I have to quit the app and restart it and close all my tabs. I’m not sure what the exact series of events that cause it for me are, but it is much worse when I’m refactoring things and switching around and doing a lot of search and replace or just jumping around in the code via the search function.
It may have something to do with just having lots of folders and objects “open” in the left hand viewer as those open up when you hit a search result and if you don’t close them you end up with hundreds of lines in the project listbox on the left.
Sometimes closing all but one tab and making sure that no unnecessary items are open on the left doesn’t help at all either and only a quit and restart brings me temporarily back to normal.
I don’t have this problem nearly as badly when I am just developing something new, I feel like there is a leak in something as you move around a lot and that it gets noticeably worse over time. But not all the time or every time.
I’ve also noticed the problems with autocorrect getting confused or just giving up all together. This hasn’t bothered me as much as I’ve just switched to something else and come back and it’s working again, or I’ve forced the indentation to correct itself by removing and re-adding a conditional line or something that makes it redraw all that again and it comes back. Thats a minor issue for me so much so that I haven’t tried to figure out exactly what causes it. The typing slowdowns and other things that slow down like it taking 5 or 7 seconds to change to a new small segment of code after selecting it in the search results panel are more of a pain as those seconds have really been adding up lately as I’m doing a lot of that right now.